• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Goodbye Muse, Hello Webflow?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a bad feeling about Muse at the start of this year. Not because I didn't enjoy using it, but there were subtle signs that Adobe no longer cared. I had a look at Webflow and was impressed, but stuck with Muse because of the stock photo and font support.

I'm going to take another look at Webflow this week, but I was wondering if anyone here has had experience with both Muse and Webflow and would be willing to provide us here with a breakdown of their experience.

Many thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

TheCreativeLife,

Apologize for your frustration. I understand that the transition to another software will not be without challenges. Having said that, Adobe Muse will continue to be around and supported for another year. You can continue using Adobe Muse beyond that as long as its code is supported by web standards and browsers, and for as long as your OS supports it. If you have hosted your site on BC, you have a year to migrate it to a third-party hosting provider.

Assets such as text and image

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TheCreativeLife,

Apologize for your frustration. I understand that the transition to another software will not be without challenges. Having said that, Adobe Muse will continue to be around and supported for another year. You can continue using Adobe Muse beyond that as long as its code is supported by web standards and browsers, and for as long as your OS supports it. If you have hosted your site on BC, you have a year to migrate it to a third-party hosting provider.

Assets such as text and images can be exported for use after migration.

I have started a discussion on discussing alternative solutions and migration paths Adobe Muse EOL announcement - Alternatives to Adobe Muse? and will be inviting our experts here to participate. Please bookmark this forum post for reference.

Thanks,

Preran

Your Typekit license is associated with your Creative Cloud account, so there will be no interruption in service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Muse, and have spent some time learning it. And, I just signed

up for one year plan with Muse. That is money down the drain, literally.

This is very frustrating, and you have just lost a customer. Eventually, I

will cancel my Photo-plan too.

regards,

Oystein Klausen

2018-03-26 14:51 GMT+02:00 Preran <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

Goodbye Muse, Hello Webflow? created by Preran

<https://forums.adobe.com/people/Preran> in *Help with using Adobe Muse

CC* - View the full discussion

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/10268945#10268945>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's time to cancel Creative Cloud as Muse was a big part of my decision to use it.

Having invested so much time and money learning Muse this stinks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Outside of their core products, Adobe cannot be trusted!!! Never use a new Adobe product!!

Adobe’s decision to end Muse is such a huge mistake and I will be making me voice heard with my wallet. I’m done with Creative Cloud. Bye Adobe!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Robot+Fist  wrote

Adobe’s decision to end Muse is such a huge mistake ...

I don't agree.  Muse is not able to handle current web standards much less newer ones.  Would you prefer to have Adobe keep Muse alive even though it's no longer fit for web site creation?  IMO, Adobe did what they had to do.  Anything less would be negligent.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It handles the needs of simplified websites juuusssst fine. Make no mistake, Adobe only chose to do this because they are following in the footsteps of the Wix and Squarespace models. They are going to announce their own system of webbased template sites. Read their press release, they practically spell it out for you.

Currently I need to build 5 websites, each with their own domain name. With Muse I could do just that and host these sites on a single server for a single fee. With the Wix/Squarespace model I am paying for every single site individually spending AT LEAST $12 a site per month not including unique domain name registration. My costs pretty much quadruple using Squarespace or Wix over using Muse and a single server. Adobe wants THAT money and THAT is the reason Muse is dead. They see Wix and Squarespace banking on this format and decided to throw their current customers face down in the dirt just to follow suit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In some ways I wish I would have known about Webflow a few years ago when dealing with the shift to making sites responsive. Webflow seems to be able to do it better than Muse ever could. Have you been using Webflow regularly now and do you find it to work better than Muse on that point? I'm moving in the Webflow direction, but I want to make sure before I get on board and redo all my site. Thanks for your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, prices are quite high altogether with Pro plan and CMS hosting, aren´t they?

Of course clients need to pay that hosting at the end …

The workflow seems pretty well, had no time since then but will have a look.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But now I found a program that is almost the same as adobe muse but the program called WEBYDO is very powerful to make the web easy and easy to responsive but the bad thing is that the price is very high and they do not allow to export html but I did the test in WEBYDO is much better than WEBFLOW I do not tell you is that webflow has block is more complicated work and delays to finish the web are not worth it can not stand .... although WEBYDO can drag and drop you want there and where .... change WEBFLOW does not play a div and put the block that is annoying .... I recommend it a lot WEBYDO.COM is very good to do the web is almost the same as adobe muse as they do the web.

Web Webydo: www.webydo.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines