• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Google E-Commerce and Calendars

Participant ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a client who has an airbnb type site where they rent apartments for days, weeks, even months at a time. We added Google Calendars to the site so potential customers can view availability. Next, my clients want their customers to be able to book their apartments online and pay. (Reservation Bookings). Can this be done in Muse? Is it possible to have a Google Calendar and Pay button embedded into Muse? What ecommerce or widgets could I use and would my clients be able to use a CMS to make changes.

This is the site:

TEMPORARY RENTALS, BEVERLY HILLS, DOWNTOWN, HOLLYWOOD | LA TIMPA HOME

Thanks,

Stephanie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

As a whole, this is beyond vanilla Muse or more to the point, vanilla HTML/ CSS/ local JS. You need a suitable server backend and the ugly truth is that if you want to offer commercial services, a pre-configured, pre-hosted web shop is the easiest path to happiness. Otherwise you have to put up with all sorts of extra stuff like hooking up to the payment services, maintaining the database and backend yourself and that sort of thing. Of course you could go trigger-happy by signing up to a Busines

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a whole, this is beyond vanilla Muse or more to the point, vanilla HTML/ CSS/ local JS. You need a suitable server backend and the ugly truth is that if you want to offer commercial services, a pre-configured, pre-hosted web shop is the easiest path to happiness. Otherwise you have to put up with all sorts of extra stuff like hooking up to the payment services, maintaining the database and backend yourself and that sort of thing. Of course you could go trigger-happy by signing up to a Business Catalyst professional plan and integrating those features in a Muse site just like you can rely on cobbling something together using multiple external providers and their widgets and code snippets, but one way or another, it's going to cost money and will take some effort to make it work, so ultimately paying 50 bucks a month for a web shop may be totally worth it without all the fuss.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium is correct as I explored all my options a few years ago when going down the ecommerce road.

There are many shopping carts, but I decided Ecwid would work the best for our purposes.

And yes your client could make changes to the Ecwid store side of things easily, or any shopping cart for that matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Ecwid have calendars so the client can click on it and make a reservation? Would I be able to make my clients site look like it does currently?

TEMPORARY RENTALS, APARTMENTS, CONDOS FOR RENT | LA TIMPA HOME

Thanks,

Stephanie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephanie,

That i do not know. You would have to explore it for your particular needs. Our ecommerce site is different than yours.

It IS highly customizable and the tech support is excellent so that is my experience.

Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephanie,

Just contact Ecwid via chat. They are very helpful. I am pretty sure they have a calendar function for booking.

Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My client just informed me that they need the payments to go thru Paypal. I know Muse has a Paypal button. Now all I need is a calendar for their clients to pick the reserved date they want and pay for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Payments can go through paypal with Ecwid or most other shopping carts.

Not sure you are going to get what you want using just MUSE unless you know someone who can create some custom scripts for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a site called Checkfront. Adding Checkfront booking portal to your website is easy with the Droplet method of integration. But I don't know if its compatible with Muse.

Checkfront Droplet for Online Bookings & Reservations - Checkfront Online Bookings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Checkfront for my Client's Rental Properties business. Online booking and payment portal widget works beautifully. Just passing it on for anyone else who may be looking for this type of E-Commerce solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks... its always nice to hear back from people, how they got on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines