Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, 

anyone know why the google maps widget no longer works? was working last week

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working again, check the maps on your site, it is showing correctly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stange enough but yes  😂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know google changed maps to the usage of an API key or by embedding the "iframe". The muse widget won't work anymore, as I realized as well, thanks to your reminder🧐.

I also had to do some work and found this from "DCP WEB DESIGNER" on youtube. It should work with a socalled iframe, what is done quite easily with clicking the menu from muse at "Object-embedd html-…" Your designated size can be changed inside that code. Unfortunately I have not tested yet, how to to do that responsive for all breakpoints but of course you can hide elements in other breakpoints in ordere to have this new html object for each breakpoint - fluid width breakpoints might gte tricky here. Be aware that this is not really recommended as it just duplicates content and that might lead to a penalty from google. Be also aware that Muse is under EOL since 2018 and so it might be a good time to change your webdesign approach from muse to something else.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me add, that your site looks like an adadaptive-made site instead of a responsive one. In your case with just 4 different pages/layouts it should not take too much time to change your site to add breakpoints instead of using layouts for devices (phone/there's no tablet version).

This adaptive approach also gets punished by search engines these days.

This has nothing to do with your original question, though it makes the google maps issue easier it is less safe if you know what I mean.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks OK to me on latest Firefox for desktop.  Maybe try another browser.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines