• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Google Webmaster / Search Control HTML Tag won't work

Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've put the HTML tag on Page Properties -> Metadata -> HTML for head and uploaded the site again to FTP host but when I go back to the Google Webmaster / Search Control it says verification failed. I don't understand what could be the problem. Can anyone help?

Näyttökuva 2018-8-8 kello 19.53.36.pngNäyttökuva 2018-8-8 kello 19.53.22.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Yes, it indeed was a server problem. I had both index.html and index.php files. The problem was solved when I deleted the index.php. Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There appears to be a problem at the server level.   The domain is not resolving to your index.html page.   Instead,  I'm seeing a blank page at this URL.

www.kasityoelisa.fi/

If II go directly to your index.html page & view the source code, I can see the Google Verification code in your custom <head> tag.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may take several days if not weeks, before you get results on google webmaster. I recommend not to panic. What exactly should be the result of the SEARCH CONTROL? On one of my own websites it took weeks, although it is a well known shopsystem behind with lots of proper SEO but exactly this one took a long time.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

fotoroeder  wrote

It may take several days if not weeks, before you get results on google webmaster.

Site owner verfication code in the meta tag is confirmed by Google immediately.  It does not take days or weeks. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it indeed was a server problem. I had both index.html and index.php files. The problem was solved when I deleted the index.php. Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines