Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graphic Style & Photoshop Buttons

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm currently in the process of building a website. I'm trying to apply an animation to some photoshop buttons (I'm using them for people's profiles which change when the mouse rolls over). Yet when I try and apply the same graphic style to two different buttons it copies the image of the original. Even if I just have one button/profile connected to a graphic style and then delete the profile and replace it with none, the image then just goes invisible -- surely this can't be right?!

Can anyone provide an answer as to how to have all my different buttons connected by the same graphic profile and not distort the fill? I've been banging my head against the wall for the past day, so I'd really appreciate any help.

The two attachments below show the issue. The first two profiles are the before and after of applying the graphic style!

Thanks in advance,

Jack

Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 17.24.34.pngScreen Shot 2017-08-02 at 17.24.50.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Now I understand! You are working with a 3rd party widget!

It is not so easy to achieve, what you want, but doable!

Your way doesn’t work, because you are using a rectangle with 2 different fill images (normal, rollover) or a Photoshop button.

• Since fills are part of a graphic style, you can’t apply this style to other images without transferring the image fill too.
  • That means: You can’t use fills in this case.
  • You can’t use a „normal" placed image too, because images can’t be modified state-wise.
  • But

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A fill (color or image) becomes part of the style and will be applied to all elements to which the style is applied. This doesn’t happen with placed images.

The simplest solution: Create the style, before applying a fill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gunter,

Thanks for your reply. I've tried that, but, as the pictures below show, it still gets filled with a colour.

Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 20.37.52.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 20.38.01.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't understand, what you want to say. Maybe it helps, if you give us a .muse file with your style definition and one, maximal two of these buttons. Please use this instructions befor uploading: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies Gunter - I'm new to Muse! Hopefully you can download my .muse file from the link here Adobe Creative Cloud

Wha i'm trying to do is apply an animation to the profiles. And to do so I need to create a graphic style to attach to the profiles. Yet when I attach more than one of the profile (photoshop buttons) to the style it copies the fill, as the photos show.

Hope this helps. And thanks for your support!

Jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now I understand! You are working with a 3rd party widget!

It is not so easy to achieve, what you want, but doable!

Your way doesn’t work, because you are using a rectangle with 2 different fill images (normal, rollover) or a Photoshop button.

• Since fills are part of a graphic style, you can’t apply this style to other images without transferring the image fill too.
  • That means: You can’t use fills in this case.
  • You can’t use a „normal" placed image too, because images can’t be modified state-wise.
  • But you can use „State Buttons“ instead.

See how it works:

• Place a state button, right click onto it and choose „Clear All Styling“ and „Clear Widget Contents“. Now you have a „blank" states button.
  • Make this button bigger and place two images into it:

– In „Normal State“ set image A to „Opacity: 100%" and image B to „Opacity: 0%".

– In „Rollover State“  set image B to „Opacity: 100%" and image A to „Opacity: 0%".

• Place both images exactly over each other and minimize the state button to the size of the images.
  • Now apply a graphic style to the complete state button and use this style to trigger the animation.

Here you can download a .muse file to see, how its done: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ni09twpjw5zjk7g/animation-test.muse?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines