• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Half way through 2 new Muse sites....

Engaged ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whats my best plan folks? Clients have paid for work done so far... do I complete them or start afresh in a new application? If so which is the best code generating WYSIWIG app? Is it possible to open current sites in another app?

Feeling like I'm just about to lose a large chunk of my business 😞 If I complete in Muse then I am going to get errors I cant fix a few years down the line.... gutted.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

There is no such thing as a guaranteed google rating, and the term google certified is the equivalent of Adobe certified, (it does not mean anything in the real world).

These days we have Microsoft certified, world wide web certified and many other certifications all of which = 'it sounds good'. The only time certification helps is if you are going to employ them in your company.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am gutted by the announcement from Adobe about the imminent end of Muse. I’m a self employed Ceramic Artist with a little bit of know how when it comes to using the Adobe Creative Cloud Software. I love Muse. It has allowed me to build a website without having to learn Code and get exactly what I want for a price I can afford. The fact I currently have 5 Hosted Business Catalyst websites included in my CC subscription fee is worth a fortune to me, It means I’ve been able to build and host a website for Charity such as my Local Village Hall as well as help out friends, who like me have little income and need a website to showcase and sell their work. I have just started my Own business, The Studio At Clapham, offering Pottery Workshops and was about to build a new website to promote it. I have approached a number of Companies who would build a site for me but they charge from £250 - £500 just for a basic site and then a further £30 per month for hosting. I don’t have that kind of money    I’ve taken a look at ‘replacement’ software suggested by Adobe.  Spark - looks good for quick campaigns but doesn’t appear to have the versatility that Muse offers, I.e the ability to click on a link and be able to book a workshop or to be able to build a whole multi-page website using it. Maybe I’ve missed something and someone out there can tell me different? But I’m assuming Spark can only be linked through embedding code to an existing site be it a website or social media page. Adobe Portfolio, great if I want to showcase my work though this appears to be more geared toward 2d designers, graphic artists, photographers and illustrators. Maybe here too I’ve missed something??? Also can I create a Portfoilio Page for someone else that they can upload to their own hosted site?  And as for this Adobe XD  - I think it’s way, way beyond anything I am ever likely to need. Fine for a web designer working with a team of coders but no good for a ‘gotta do it all myself ‘cos I can’t afford an expert to do it for me’ kinda gal..... and of course my other option is to build my website from a provider such as 1&1,Go Daddy, etc paying for and using the template tools that they provide. I’ve tried this in the past (pre-muse 2013) and became qickly frustrated by the lack of flexibility in the templates..... Perhaps what they now offer is far superior to what it was? which then leads me on to thinking that if a Company such as 1&1 are giving all the tools I need why am I paying for Adobe Creative Cloud?  I’ve invested a lot of time and effort developing my websites in Muse, Right now ”Gutted” doesn’t really cover the sense of loss I am feeling. Like Dandybox, I would welcome your thoughts on WYSIWYG solutions to my dilemma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If someone is offering to build you a multi-page site, no matter how basic all they are offering is a template 'bought for very little' site, with the images and text changed for yours.

As for charging £30.00 per month for hosting, that is nothing short of extortion, as very good hosting complete with domain name can be purchased for around £100.00 per year, and that would include server-side, database, and daily back-ups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes this is what I thought. The company was selling the £30 pm on the back of  the recognition/relationship they have with google ( Google Certified???) guaranteeing your sites position high up on the search listings. I’m certainly no techie but I thought I caught a whiff of BS  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no such thing as a guaranteed google rating, and the term google certified is the equivalent of Adobe certified, (it does not mean anything in the real world).

These days we have Microsoft certified, world wide web certified and many other certifications all of which = 'it sounds good'. The only time certification helps is if you are going to employ them in your company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Muse code is unlikely to cause proplems, even ten years down the line. Giving you time to find another program to use and learn how to use it. At this stage I would recommend waiting a couple of months until there is a better concensus as to which new program to use.

What I would advise against is to avoid using any Muse widgets if possible, as many of these use an iframe, meaning that when you do move to another program you may have difficulty transfering the code used by widgets to your new program of choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines