I have recently gone back to an old project to update it to a fluid width from a fixed width site. Normally I create all my navigation in the header mask the back with a shape and create my content below so that it can scroll under the header - pretty basic stuff.
However, with this website I seem to have fallen down at the first hurdle, first I updated the layouts of all the pages and due to the pinning of the objects everything went haywire, so I moved them all around and where I wanted them. However for some reason despite the fact that I have set up my header, the objects are appearing right at the top of the page behind the header instead of being where I place them in "Design" mode. It's as if it is treating the header elements as part of the content and pinning it to the top as requested, but not taking into consideration that the actual content of the page needs to appear below the header. Does anybody have any suggestions as to what may be causing this?
I have also tried creating a new project completely and started moving things in to see if it was a problem caused by migrating from fixed to fluid layouts but the issue persists even in the new project for some reason.
Here are some pictures to communicate the issue more clearly.
Here is what I'm after:
And this is what I'm getting:
You can see what's happening over at artste.businesscatalyst.com
Thank you in advance for any light shed on the situation.
Could you provide a .muse with just simply the page ART?
If we need the menu because it is set to automatic, please just use empty pages.
We could check it out.
Unfortunately you are hit by some issues of the newest Muse version.
There are 2 – uncomfortable – ways to defeat theses issues:
1. You may try these temporary(!) workarounds: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2374713
Unfortunately I think, they don’t solve your problems completely.
2. If you have an older file version, saved with the last version of Muse, revert back to this version. Here you see, how this works:
3. If you don’t have an older version, you have to wait for the bug fix update or sign into the Muse prerelease program.
I see, I was wondering if the update had anything to do with it. I've changed too much to revert now to an older version of Muse, I don't suppose you have an idea when these bugs might be fixed?
I recommend to put everything on your master into one layer and have this layer on top of everything.
As of this reading it is in three different layers somewhere in-between of other layers.
So it looks like this (feel free, as you did, to call it master, of course):
I found a part of the solution by ungrouping the round elements. But only in the higher "breakpoint".
I share it via CC and share a BC-Link here: Art
Strange: In Safari the appearance shortly after hitting the breakpoint at 600 all five circles are as intended but then the top three disappear.
Oh nice one, thank you, that certainly gets rid of some of the issues, I think the layers kept getting more confusing as I was appending things, need to keep a clearer hierarchy next time!
Let me add, that I "half solved" it by ungrouping the arts-elements. Grouping didn`t show any advantages for me.