• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Header and Menu not visible after turning device from landscape to portrait view

LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might have an issue with the site: www:alexandra-hettel.de/test

When we (the client and I) watch the site on a tablet and change from horizontal to vertical view, the header with its menu and hamburger disappears and reappears only after some scrolling up or down.

Let me add that I put in an anchor for "back to top" right above the footer area.  I checked that all anchors on each page are in all breakpoints at 0/0, of course. Is this something common with all sites or what can I do to prevent this behaviour? Of course I can provide a single page of this site in order to check.

Thanks in advance and Kind Regards,

Uwe

TOPICS
Error , How to , Performance , Responsive design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

I finally found out that using "pinning" instead of "scrollmotion" for fixed header and its elements solves my issue.

Of course I did not use pinning for the mobile breakpoint at 768 towards my minimum width of 320, as pinning is not recommended for mobiles, although some sites out there in the www are using it, but coded differently, I guess.

There´s something called "fixed" (not in/with muse) for elements to stay in place and I am looking forward to it to see how this gets handled by mobile br

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please provide the .muse file to have a look at?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best way to PM you? How can one attach a Muse file in the new forum?

KInd Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put the file into your "Creative Cloud Files" or use Dropbox or something like this. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://adobe.ly/2SiB1u8

Feels like Kindergarten - THX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally found out that using "pinning" instead of "scrollmotion" for fixed header and its elements solves my issue.

Of course I did not use pinning for the mobile breakpoint at 768 towards my minimum width of 320, as pinning is not recommended for mobiles, although some sites out there in the www are using it, but coded differently, I guess.

There´s something called "fixed" (not in/with muse) for elements to stay in place and I am looking forward to it to see how this gets handled by mobile browsers/phones/devices.

THX Guenter for checking my test site.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines