Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help - Adobe Muse text issues, no solution online

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I've been working on a client's website a while now and have run into a strange problem with text in Muse that I can't seem to find a solution to anywhere else online.

When previewing my website design in browsers on windows desktops, there seems to be the corrupted glyph symbol (square) that appears in my text. Even when changing the typeface to multiple others (acumin, proxima nova, arial etc) the squares still seem to appear in the text. When viewing this on a mac or iphone, they don't appear either, and they only appear sometimes on android devices when refreshing the page. This has been tested on multiple devices, so it's not a problem with one device in particular.

Usually when that square appears it means the typeface is missing some sort of glyph that I've typed, but in this case it seems the squares are just being appearing in random spots between words where there is no actual text, just spaces. I've wondered if it was a symbol for a line break or something that was causing the issue, but it wasn't that either, as I removed all line breaks and spaces and they still appeared. They also seem to only be appearing in one text box, where the font is the exact same as the one directly to the left of it, but if i copy the text from the one box to the other, the symbols still appear. This is shown in the two images attached.

Problem 1.PNG

Problem 2.PNG

I've checked in multiple browsers on as well and they will seem to all have a different effect. In Chrome and Edge on windows desktops the symbols are always there, in Firefox they are not. But in safari, chrome, and firefox on apple products they do not appear at all.

The symbols appear in the code itself within and outside of header tags (only in browers where the symbols are appearing though) so I know I can go into the code and remove them one by one manually, but I want to know exactly why these symbols are appearing in the first place, and how to stop them from appearing again.

If anyone knows what the problem is, it would be a big help. Here is a link to the live test site as well if that could help.  Test Site Here

Thanks,

- Justin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

OK. Although it's an extra step, It would be an idea to paste the text into a plain text editor before placing it into Muse. That way you'll get rid of the hidden formatting. Windows is less forgiving than MacOS when it comes to formatting.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest it's due to the conversion of the Line Feed character between Windows and Mac. Was the text pasted in from another application?

David

Creative Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The text itself was copied from a website and then edited in muse. Here's the link to the original text.

https://italiana.ca/collections/fired-ovens-static/products/napoli-wood-gas-fired-oven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Although it's an extra step, It would be an idea to paste the text into a plain text editor before placing it into Muse. That way you'll get rid of the hidden formatting. Windows is less forgiving than MacOS when it comes to formatting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When pasting the text into something like notepad seems to not get rid of the hidden formatting but pasting the text into chromes search bar and then back into Muse did the trick! Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines