• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP! CHANGES NOT APPEARING WHEN I UPLOAD TO FTP.

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden the changes im making to my site are not appearing on my live site after i upload to ftp. I've tried adding images, shapes, text... but i get a "files may be missing or incorrect" error.

Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 11.40.26 PM.png

should look like this:

Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 11.40.56 PM.png

it's fine when i preview it. I've tried the clearing my cache, reuploading all files to ftp instead of just modified, changing SuppressMissingFileError to true, checking permissions on folders, uploading as html, i checked bluehost site to see if there are any general server issues that may be affecting my site (nothing).... NOTHING WORKS!  please help asap.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention: my site is jeanettedelatorre.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problems at all with you site. It seems to display fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the other hand, I can reproduce your issue:

Bildschirmfoto 2019-03-07 um 10.51.48.png

It seems to be a 3rd party widget – new frames stop automatically on the correct spot even when scrolling which was /is not possible with muse out of the box.

Which 3rd party widget did you use? Maybe you should ask the vendors about this? And, I use Safari with Sierra 10.12.6.

It may has to do with either Muse, what Günter Heißenbüttel​ denies or with browser stuff?

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be, that there are different sites in different directories? Or „.htm“ and „.html“ are mixed up?

On iPad, the site works as expected, on desktop, it doesn’t.

And if I use http://jeanettedelatorre.com/tablet/index.html I get a different result as when I use http://jeanettedelatorre.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weirdly enough, this issue seems to only happen late at night. Because now the site is appearing fine. Or maybe it taking a couple hours to update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jeanetted47158357  wrote

Weirdly enough, this issue seems to only happen late at night. Because now the site is appearing fine. Or maybe it taking a couple hours to update.

If it takes 2 hours for changes to appear online,  either your ISP or hosting provider is web caching at their end. 

Web cache - Wikipedia

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the qooqee page slider. I've been using it for a really long time now and haven't edited it on my site... it looks like my site went back to normal a couple of hours after i uploaded to ftp. but this is very inconvenient if it always takes that long. any other ideas on why this may be happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For this there´s only one way - ask qooqee about that. I can try to speed up the answer a little bit by kindly asking Preran​ and ankushr40215001​ into this, not knowing their schedule at all. But they have quite good contacts to qooqee.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue as well, but I doubt that mine is related to a 3rd party widget as I do not have any - it's a very basic and simple 4 page site. I deleted one logo on 3 of the pages as this company no longer exists. I published it, but the changes do not show.

I thought it could possibly be because I used an alternative phone layout in this version, so I tried to publish an old version of the site, but it is still not sorted.

https://masavgroup.co.za

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend to start a new thread as it will be another issue like you write.

What exactly did you change? How should it look? Maybe it is only browser cache issue?

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lizelle.engel77  schrieb

I thought it could possibly be because I used an alternative phone layout in this version, so I tried to publish an old version of the site, but it is still not sorted.

https://masavgroup.co.za

• There is no phone version of your site.
  • And could you tell exactly, how your pages should look like and how it really looks? Screenshot?
    We can’t say anything, because we can’t compare.
  • As fotoroeder​ already stated: Please start a new thread.Your issue seems to be different to the one, we deal with in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, will do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines