• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP CONTACT FORM, I know PHP script how do I put it in the coding?? Dumby version PLEASE.

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I get a new hosting website? My host is not helping at all. I know people mention PHP script, how do I access it to put it on?? Can someone do a watered-down version step by step so I understand it? I synced to PHP but it still doesn't work, and I don't know how to put the script in it, or access it.. Still getting errors on the contact form. No adobe support so I want to cry.

TOPICS
Error , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Muse there´s no necessity to do anything with a php script - Muse dors this for you. It may lead to an error because the E-Mail-Adress is wrong? It "normally" works as your domain and the E-Mail-Adress belong togehther - anything with gmail.com or web.de or gmx.net won´t work, I guess.

If it gets better, if you change web hossting? Noone knows, I´m afraid. May I highly recommend to change the web app to something else than muse, if you keep on struggling with this?

Btw, which error occurs? Which message do you get?

Kind Regards,

Uwe 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That breaks my heart to hear, I built over 38 pages, maybe I can try to
smtp connection, I don’t know.. if not I’ll have to just buy Wordpress.
This sucks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PHP scripts cannot be coded in Muse.  You need a real code editor to work with scripts -- Dreamweaver, Brackets, VS Code, Sublime Text, Atom, etc...

I don't think the contact form widget in Muse is adequate for use today.  It hasn't been updated in 2-3 years and never will be beacuse Muse is EOL.  And most web hosts have stopped supporting the PHP mail() function for security reasons.  

If you can't code, hire an experienced web developer to help you.  Your hosting provider is NOT a web developer.  This is the PHP mail sending library most hosting providers recommend because it is secure and less likely to be exploited by robots and hackers. 

https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer

Otherwise, use a 3rd party form service like Wufoo.com or JotForms. 

Good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines