Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help me!!! Pls! Double layer clickable object

Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am working on my site and I have 2 objects, one is a Youtube video, and the other object is a picture. I have made a fade so on rollover the picture fades away to reveal the Youtube video, but I want to be able to click on the video to play it but I can't. Can you help me?!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Use the composition.

b218e514e5.png

f626514e43.png

9a22362dc1.png

...And in the process of creating this post, I noticed that it no longer works at a responsive breakpoint. This only works at a fixed breakpoint. Question to the Muse team - It's broken what used to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try placing your objects in States Button. On Roll Over State your Fade Image, and for On click state your Youtube Video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it still doesn't work because I cant click through the text box on top of the video putting them in state buttons didn't work idk if I did it right though.

Basically what I need is some way when you roll over the text box and it fades away to make the box disappear so i can click on the video under it.

Heres what it looks like http://prntscr.com/gdtppk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

It will be very helpful if you just give us a small file which contains the objects which you want to get worked with.

Follow the steps mentioned here - Please Provide a .muse File to Help Us Fixing Your Issue!

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the composition.

b218e514e5.png

f626514e43.png

9a22362dc1.png

...And in the process of creating this post, I noticed that it no longer works at a responsive breakpoint. This only works at a fixed breakpoint. Question to the Muse team - It's broken what used to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pavel Homeriki​ was faster!

Her two examples on a sample-site, one of these corresponding to Pavel’s explanation using the above explanation: http://fading-image-youtube.businesscatalyst.com/index.html​

And: Pavel is right: This workflow is broken on fluid pages!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@pavel and @gunter thanks for pointing this out.

I can also validate that the workflow is broken in the fluid layout, and logged a bug as well.

Hoping for a quick fix in next release.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines