Help optimizing web content

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys

Im currently using muse for my business website. This can be found at

Http://www.waltonsutherland.com

On the main page (desktop) is a video that loops however I opted to use a GIF as the lack of background video widgets that suit my needs etc.

Ideally i want the video to autoplay, loop with no controls and a gif version of the video seemed to be the perfect solution - however it now causes the webpage to take about 40 seconds to load which is obviously not good for conversions.

I would really appreciate any advice or solutions to this

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your link shows the wrong site!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that - www.waltonsutherland.com

Should be working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMO, that animated GIF does nothing positive for your web page.  The quality is poor, the excess bandwidth leads to unacceptable loading delays.  These days, if your site doesn't load in 3 seconds, you're in trouble.  People don't wait around for slow loading web sites.  They're gone.  And you never get a 2nd chance at a good 1st impression. 

Replace that GIF with an optimized static JPG that will communicate your message without all the unnecessary overhead.    A short JavaScript driven slideshow might be another option.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice, I have thought of this however we already have slideshows and the video adds a different dynamic and we're able to show customers a "behind the scenes" look however like you said the quality is poor and killing load times, which is why im trying to find a solution for adding the video in the background rather than as a gif that has to totally download before the webpage can show

KR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could try this but I cannot guarantee that autoplay will work in all devices. 

How to add video background in Adobe Muse

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines