• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with text box rasterization in adobe muse

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2012 Aug 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When ever I create a text box, add some text , highlight the text and try and create it into a hyperlink, it says that the text requires rasterization and that the hyperlink will not work.

How do I 'rasterize' the text box which will allow me to convert the text within, into a hyperlink?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 31, 2012 Aug 31, 2012

When you are using the a system font in a text frame then the text frame is converted to an image and the link will not be applied to the selected text but the entire text frame as it will converted into an image. Either you don't use a system font on the text or apply the hyperlink to the entire text frame and not the selected text.

- Abhishek Maurya

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2012 Aug 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you are using the a system font in a text frame then the text frame is converted to an image and the link will not be applied to the selected text but the entire text frame as it will converted into an image. Either you don't use a system font on the text or apply the hyperlink to the entire text frame and not the selected text.

- Abhishek Maurya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2013 Jan 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason in the new MUSE it wont let me add an email address for example:

mailto:yourname@yourdomain.com

says it is not supported yet?

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2014 Dec 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, but fixed it using a Web Font.
You are probably using a System Font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2016 Aug 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even I have the same question. How do I rasterize the text to image.

why do I even need to convert that into image.

when I click on the hyperlink set on the text, it should direct me to that page or compose email, which it is not doing and the reason being I'm using a system font and inside a text box.

Well, I'm not using system font, it didn't work.

Text box or not., hyperlink should work properly.

Anyone has any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 31, 2016 Aug 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, can you describe in a few clear word, which problem you have?

Systemfonts have to be rasterized, because nobody can assure, that this font exists on the machines of your visitors. That means, the text box (together with the text in it) will be converted to an image. Of course, in this case words within this box, lose their assigned link, because these words don’t exist any more.

Therefore in this case use standard fonts or web fonts.

But I really don’t understand your question. You ask: "How do I rasterize text to image?" and then "Why do I need to convert that into an image?" -> Why do you ask, how to rasterize, if you don’t know, why you need it? And further: "I am not using system fonts, it didn’t work" What didn’t work?

The best would be, if you place one of these text boxes into a new Muse document, upload this .muse document to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service and post the download link here. Then we haven’t to guess …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change your fonts to web fonts or typekit fonts! Super easy fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that and it did not work.  I installed a web font from Adobe (Mrs. Eaves) and no such luck.  Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What "didn't work"? This thread is completely confused, so you unfortunately have to describe your problem more exactly.

• Do you want a font to be rasterized?
  • Do you want a font not to be rasterized?

If you use web fonts or standard fonts, there is no issue with rasterisation. If the text box is rasterized anyway, you might have a single character (perhaps a simple blank), using a system font, in your text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I could not (originally) get the textbox to “de-rasterize” by using a web font but discovered my mistake. There was one carriage return with a blank line at the end of the textbox that I had failed to select when I changed fonts and even though there was not technically any text that wasn’t web font, it still registered that there was . . . hence trying to export an image for the textbox which broke my hyperlink. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A carriage return technically is a character, just like an "a" or a blank. And a character inevitably uses a font. If this font is a system font, your text box will be converted into an image.

Fine, that your issue is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines