• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hidden in breakpoint files still show up in that breakpoint

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could use some help. I have site I am testing. It has a number of things from the PC breakpoint (which is 1200px) that I have hidden in the breakpoint I am doing for phones (which is 420px) but when I upload it (JostensWashington Home ) and look at it on my phone, all the items I have chosen to "Hide in breakpoint) still show up at the bottom of the screen under the content I want on that breakpoint.

How do I get them to go away. What am I doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

I replaced two of these widgets with my own images ans all is working

I deleted everything on you page except 2 of these widget, placed some of my images into it, and all works fine – inclusive hid in ohter breakpoit/hide in this breakpoint.

Look at this example .muse file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v7r1wxe2zcun3vy/Dr-Knoob.muse?dl=0

It is working fine. Select the 2 widgets on the widest breakpoint, right click onto them and choose „Hide in other Breakpoints“, and they disappear in the other breakp

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess, from watching your site that you didn`t set up your responsive website as intended:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-11-10 um 22.36.05.png

Bildschirmfoto 2017-11-10 um 22.36.29.png

Check with your scrubber, when your content leaves the canvas and rearrange it.

The scrubber is the grey one vertical tool at the breakpoint bar that you can grab to reduce or widen your sites canvas.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fully realize that I don't have the other breakpoints yet. I just want to know why when you access the site on a phone, it looks great until you scroll down to the bottom and then you see all the other elements that I told it to hide in that breakpoint repeated again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Upload the same site on Business Catalyst and let me know if it behaves the same way.

If it still does then we would require your .muse file to see where's the issue.

For sharing the file please follow these instructions - Please Provide a .muse File to Help Us Fixing Your Issue!

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been using Muse since the first beta version and have never uploaded anything to Business Catalyst. Have no clue how to do that? Are there instructions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever seen the small „Publish“ button top right of Muse’s application window?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, that's pretty cool. See what you don't know when you have your own server.

So I tried it and it's here: JostensWashington Home

And on my phone it's still doing the same thing. HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to send you the Muse file. You can grab it here: Dropbox - 2018 Test Site-3.muse.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the link and file.

However, I am still struggling in finding out the objects which are hidden and still showing!

Can you please point us towards those objects, either by screen shot or describing the location of those objects.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, I am attaching a screen shot from my iPhone. If you scroll down towards the bottom of the page you will get to a black box with the footer info in it. Below that there are duplicates of all the buttons from the top. Those should be HIDDEN in this breakpoint. In Muse they don't show up at all. But on my phone or on my Mac in Safari in Development mode (iPhone screens) it does. IMG_0795.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please help us with fixing your issue by avoiding to send us simply the complete site project!

Do the following:

Delete all pages and all elements except the black footer rectangle (without text and search box), the images in question and the text box „Our Team“ – in short: The elements shown i your last screenshot and nothing else. Then we haven’t to search for the elements you are talking about and to test in tons of different element combination

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a link to that file on my Dropbox: Dropbox - 2018 Test Site-For Adobe.muse.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file I just uploaded is ONLY the home page that is a problem with the elements that are a problem on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea, how this file is corresponding with your last screenshot. The elements you showed us aren’t even existent in your file.

Instead, there are many hidden text elements, about 10 hidden instances of the 3rd party widget „Hover & Reveal and a hidden HTLM element.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly. The file should have a number of the Hover widgets that should be showing in that breakpoint. Then below that there should be contact info and below that a black footer element with the search fields and copyright, etc. Below that (on my phone) it shows the same Hover Widgets as above but larger (as I have them on my 1000px wide breakpoint and I told them to Hide in this Breakpoint but they are showing up below the resized widgets that should be there on the top. Open the Catalyst site up on a phone and scroll to the bottom. You will see the Hover widgets that you cannot see in Muse. Where are they coming from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I replaced two of these widgets with my own images ans all is working

I deleted everything on you page except 2 of these widget, placed some of my images into it, and all works fine – inclusive hid in ohter breakpoit/hide in this breakpoint.

Look at this example .muse file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v7r1wxe2zcun3vy/Dr-Knoob.muse?dl=0

It is working fine. Select the 2 widgets on the widest breakpoint, right click onto them and choose „Hide in other Breakpoints“, and they disappear in the other breakpoint. Right click again and choose „Show all in breakpoint", and they will be there again.

Why don’t you simply reduce this site to only the elements and delete all other elements – just as I asked you for?

I think, the file you shared, it really heavy to analyse, because there are tons of hidden/unhidden parts, elements, 3rd party widgets.

Perhaps someone else chimes in here. I, for my part, will only take part in this discussion any more,

• if we receive a file, which shows very clearly the issue – and nothing else and
  • if you give us a clear description what is wrong or what to do to reproduce the error..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I certainly thank you for your time and I want to apologize for not be the "God of Muse" that you seem to be. Some of us don't always get what you more advanced user are saying. In the file I uploaded I only left the things that I needed to be on the page. Your solution of deleting everything and it works fine is great. I could have made a two picture site as well but I chose to use the second party widgets that I used. Paid good money for them and they are NOT the problem. The problem is that I am hiding them in one breakpoint and they are still showing up.

Your condescending attitude is appreciated. (Not really).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one more to add on: you have some more issues, than the "hidden in breakpoints" issue. Lots of content is leaving the canvas what never should happen. You can check this by using the scrubber and so it does in "preview in browser":

Bildschirmfoto 2017-11-17 um 20.46.09.png

As I don`t see images in preview – on my side the page looks as expected from design view – I see the placeholder for "team".

In other words, I cannot reproduce your issue. Did you create a new file since your last dropbox-upload?

Let me add, that we do this kind of help for free as kind of support for users like you, who even after the first post do not change the layout and keep it . So the other possibility: ask muse-themes and be sure you wait longer then 2 days regularly.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you looking at them on a phone? Looks like a full size screenshot to me. And see that text on the right in your screenshot? Not supposed to be there. It is HIDDEN in the phone breakpoint.

And I realize you do this without pay. It's freakin' sad that for the amount of money I pay Adobe every year, I can't get decent tech support. Every single time I call I can't understand the person on the other end of the line and when I do figure out what they are trying to tell me, they just want to take over my computer and try and fix it, which they have never been able to do.

I have a real love/hate relationship with them. I can't imagine my life without their products but their service has gone so downhill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines