• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hidden target blocks items on layer below from being clickable

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a site that is published and WORKING. If you click the burger, the contact info appears. The contact info is on it's own layer. See here:

www.dariazeligerreps.com

Today I went in to simply change out some logos. Now, the logos underneath that hidden red contact area (right side of the page) are not clickable. I have 3 breakpoints. It works in the phone size, but I haven't done anything different across the breakpoints.

Here is the "broken" version of the site:

http://dariazeligerreps.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

Here is the file if it helps you to find the issue.

Adobe Creative Cloud

I think I updated Muse since I published the site last month. However, this is a basic trigger/target composition on a one-page website. Why is Muse so buggy?!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

You told us:

"Today I went in to simply change out some logos. Now, the logos underneath that hidden red contact area (right side of the page) are not clickable. I have 3 breakpoints."

In your next post you are writing: „Günter, what you suggest does not work. If I unpin the group of logos, they start floating around the page."

What?? Please tell me: Who told you to „unpin the group of logos“? I definitely didn’t! I didn’t talk about these logos at all. They aren’t the problem.

Please, don’t take it

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the same issue like here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2429706

You are dealing with inconsistent pinning, perhaps „imported by an older version of Muse. (The extended responsive features of the newest Muse version, made it necessary to revise pinning behaviour. This is not really „buggy“, but was an inevitable revision to provide correct pinning behaviour of responsive elements.)

Simply unpin the whole composition in all breakpoints, and all should work as expected.

2 additional glitches/issues:

• You have set the page to completely spread browser wide, by clicking the double arrow icon to the right of the breakpoint bar. Perhaps you should set the „background image“ to responsive height and width, and pin the composition trigger and target to the right in every breakpoint using browser pinning (the 6-dot-icon)
  • And: Please make sure, that no element exceeds the breakpoint/page width, because this will cause horizontal shifting of your page, when viewed in browser. Actually, the „background image“ bleeds outside the 769 px and smaller breakpoints. And in the 500 px breakpoint there are even more elements bleeding outside the breakpoint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Günter, what you suggest does not work. If I unpin the group of logos, they start floating around the page. I have them arranged carefully so that they appear/lay out in relation to the lampost. And if you set the photo to responsive sizing, you lose the design as well.

As far as items extending beyond the breakpoint, I cannot figure out what to do in the 500 other than place the X outside of the frame. If I delete the element, it disappears from the other breakpoints. I don't see the option to "hide in breakpoint" on this element. I would put a separate target/trigger for each breakpoint, but I can't delete it at all!

This is not the same as the other thread, which I read four times, because that person simply didn't know "hide all initially". And, more importantly, this site currently works in the universe. It is only when I went in to change the logos that anything changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You told us:

"Today I went in to simply change out some logos. Now, the logos underneath that hidden red contact area (right side of the page) are not clickable. I have 3 breakpoints."

In your next post you are writing: „Günter, what you suggest does not work. If I unpin the group of logos, they start floating around the page."

What?? Please tell me: Who told you to „unpin the group of logos“? I definitely didn’t! I didn’t talk about these logos at all. They aren’t the problem.

Please, don’t take it personally, but did you really read, what I wrote and do, what I suggested? I giess not …

1. I saw, your logos under the hidden target can’t be „reached" by the mouse.
  2. I unpinned the complete(!!!!!!) composition (not its single parts, the composition!).  Please click onto the composition and make sure, that in Muse’s upper left corner the label „Composition“ is shown. The deselect the top centre pinning)
  3. I tested it over and over again and – it works.

Now you say: It doesn’t work!

So I tested it again. And what should I say: If course it works. Are we playing games here?

So I took this small screencast. To add more evidence, I assigned an outline to the logs on hover state:

Of course the 500 px breakpoint can be layouted correctly! But I don’t want to waste my time and risk another „what you suggest doesn’t work."

By the way: What you are saying about the other thread is simply totally wrong. It is the same problem, believe it or not. But that is a different subject.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the tone, but I have been very frustrated. I guess I misunderstood what you meant by "composition." "Composition" was something I learned in illustration class in 1985. Your time was not wasted because I am learning. In an effort to better understand, I downloaded the Link 1 file from the other thread. I wanted to follow your steps exactly and see how it works. However, it still doesn't explain why the site worked previously. Was this new unpinning preference specific to the latest update of Muse?

By the way, I now uderstand why my 500 px breakpoint was so messy. 2 things:

1. I hadn't known in January (just re-learned) how to change the size of a frame without resizing the contents (hold command key).

2. I now understand that I can paste a separate composition into each breakpoint and hide in the other breakpoints. Only learned this trick recently, too. I had the X outside of the frame because when I deleted it, it disappeared from the other breakpoints. Now I understand why. It's kind of a miracle that I got it to work at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In older Muse, many elements and widget – for example – weren’t responsive. Now they are. Therefore pinning has to be changed.

In former versions, pinning the whole „Composition“ was enough, if one needed it.

Now, with responsive Muse, you have to pin every single component of a widget (trigger, target, elements within), if necessary. This, and the fact, that now every element (even components of widgets) can be resized independently from each other and in different ways required a new approach to pinning.

The good news about this: The Muse team built in many new automatisms, so that pinning in many cases isn’t necessary any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines