I have a site that is published and WORKING. If you click the burger, the contact info appears. The contact info is on it's own layer. See here:
Today I went in to simply change out some logos. Now, the logos underneath that hidden red contact area (right side of the page) are not clickable. I have 3 breakpoints. It works in the phone size, but I haven't done anything different across the breakpoints.
Here is the "broken" version of the site:
Here is the file if it helps you to find the issue.
I think I updated Muse since I published the site last month. However, this is a basic trigger/target composition on a one-page website. Why is Muse so buggy?!
It is the same issue like here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2429706
You are dealing with inconsistent pinning, perhaps „imported by an older version of Muse. (The extended responsive features of the newest Muse version, made it necessary to revise pinning behaviour. This is not really „buggy“, but was an inevitable revision to provide correct pinning behaviour of responsive elements.)
Simply unpin the whole composition in all breakpoints, and all should work as expected.
2 additional glitches/issues:
Günter, what you suggest does not work. If I unpin the group of logos, they start floating around the page. I have them arranged carefully so that they appear/lay out in relation to the lampost. And if you set the photo to responsive sizing, you lose the design as well.
As far as items extending beyond the breakpoint, I cannot figure out what to do in the 500 other than place the X outside of the frame. If I delete the element, it disappears from the other breakpoints. I don't see the option to "hide in breakpoint" on this element. I would put a separate target/trigger for each breakpoint, but I can't delete it at all!
This is not the same as the other thread, which I read four times, because that person simply didn't know "hide all initially". And, more importantly, this site currently works in the universe. It is only when I went in to change the logos that anything changed.
You told us:
"Today I went in to simply change out some logos. Now, the logos underneath that hidden red contact area (right side of the page) are not clickable. I have 3 breakpoints."
In your next post you are writing: „Günter, what you suggest does not work. If I unpin the group of logos, they start floating around the page."
What?? Please tell me: Who told you to „unpin the group of logos“? I definitely didn’t! I didn’t talk about these logos at all. They aren’t the problem.
Please, don’t take it personally, but did you really read, what I wrote and do, what I suggested? I giess not …
Now you say: It doesn’t work!
So I tested it again. And what should I say: If course it works. Are we playing games here?
So I took this small screencast. To add more evidence, I assigned an outline to the logs on hover state:
Of course the 500 px breakpoint can be layouted correctly! But I don’t want to waste my time and risk another „what you suggest doesn’t work."
By the way: What you are saying about the other thread is simply totally wrong. It is the same problem, believe it or not. But that is a different subject.
Sorry for the tone, but I have been very frustrated. I guess I misunderstood what you meant by "composition." "Composition" was something I learned in illustration class in 1985. Your time was not wasted because I am learning. In an effort to better understand, I downloaded the Link 1 file from the other thread. I wanted to follow your steps exactly and see how it works. However, it still doesn't explain why the site worked previously. Was this new unpinning preference specific to the latest update of Muse?
By the way, I now uderstand why my 500 px breakpoint was so messy. 2 things:
1. I hadn't known in January (just re-learned) how to change the size of a frame without resizing the contents (hold command key).
2. I now understand that I can paste a separate composition into each breakpoint and hide in the other breakpoints. Only learned this trick recently, too. I had the X outside of the frame because when I deleted it, it disappeared from the other breakpoints. Now I understand why. It's kind of a miracle that I got it to work at all.
In older Muse, many elements and widget – for example – weren’t responsive. Now they are. Therefore pinning has to be changed.
In former versions, pinning the whole „Composition“ was enough, if one needed it.
Now, with responsive Muse, you have to pin every single component of a widget (trigger, target, elements within), if necessary. This, and the fact, that now every element (even components of widgets) can be resized independently from each other and in different ways required a new approach to pinning.
The good news about this: The Muse team built in many new automatisms, so that pinning in many cases isn’t necessary any more.