• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

High quality images in Muse, how?

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I've started renewing my website, although there are yet some high quality images on the website, the new images won't get sharp.

I have tried everything in my knowledge:

- resizing the images in PSD beforehand to the correct size

- exporting it for web, JPEG and PNG-24

- regular JPEG save

- I tried larger images

Is there something I'm forgetting? Maybe something in Muse?

If anyone knows, please help me out

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018
  • Zooming/scaling the images in browser view isn‘t under control of Muse, but under control if browser/operating system of the visitor‘s machine.
    If the images are under direct control of Muse (they show up in the „Assets“ panel), Muse optimises them, when they are placed in a smaller pixel dimension than their original size is. If images are managed by a widget, they are exported to the „Assets“ folder and are completely controlled by the widget.
    For deeper information about images in Muse, read m

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Place the images exactly at 100 % original size. In this case, Muse won‘t touch the images at all. Input quality will be the same as output quality.

If you want to increase quality further, use Muse‘s “HiDPI“ option (-> Site Properties). This requires your images to have double pixel size compared to the pixel size, in which they are placed in Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your comment. I have some zoom HTML script over the images, so I made the image size 100% to the required size when zoomed, but still no improvement. (250x250px without zoom 325x325px with zoom). However, with the HiDPI option on and significantly larger images (900x900px) the quality looks good.

Unfortunately though when I open the website now (only in safari), I get a notification of the following after every click:

'Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect.

Clear browser cache and try again.

If the problem persists please contact website author.'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Zooming/scaling the images in browser view isn‘t under control of Muse, but under control if browser/operating system of the visitor‘s machine.
    If the images are under direct control of Muse (they show up in the „Assets“ panel), Muse optimises them, when they are placed in a smaller pixel dimension than their original size is. If images are managed by a widget, they are exported to the „Assets“ folder and are completely controlled by the widget.
    For deeper information about images in Muse, read my answer here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2371157​ or my post 4 here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1793996
  • The “missing files“ error can normally be fixed by clearing the browser cache (as the alert suggests).
    If not, read my answer here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2357661 (If you want to modify the „AppPref.xml“, find it in the 2018.0 folder not in the 2017.0 folder as described in the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! All problems resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines