Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(Home) page does not scroll, unless I add a lot of white space

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day,

I made my portfolio website having multiple slideshows with scroll effects (begin movement 1 up, end movement 1,2 up). The problem is that the page does not want to scroll down anymore. It goes up, but not down, unless I add about 775 pixels of white space after the last slideshow. Al though I know that less-is-more, I would still like to know how I can solve the problem without having 775 pixels of nothing-ness. Is it an error in the program, or in my way of building the site? I am quite new to Muse.

Best,

Marianne

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds as if you use a 3rd party widget? So far I haven`t heard of a bug with scroll effects.

If I do wrong, please show us a .muse with just one typical page and with as less pictures as possible per slide show.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for my late reply. I had indeed 3rd party widget, but even after deleting them the problem still remains.

I have made a new website with just the first two slideshows. You can find it here: http://mariannekrist.nl/Website-4.muse​ (It will automatically download)

Thank you for helping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest, I can not see the issue. I cannot reproduce your problem.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-26 um 00.20.46.png

What am I missing?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah sorry, your screen is much larger. What if you copy te 2 slideshows under these 2. so you make the page longer. Can you still scroll down the page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to look and let you know.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to scroll down with no problem. Maybe your only "issue" is the small screen and you find it "heavy/difficult/not easy to realize" that there´s something at the bottom of the page?

What´s your resolution? I reduce my browser and could test/watch out.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's odd.
But if that was the case then I wouldn't be able to scroll all the way down when there are 1000 pixels extra?

My resolution is 1440 X 900. Maybe I do not understanding your sentence correctly, but even with another resolution (bigger) I can not scroll down.

And thank you for all your effort in helping.

Marianne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked a friend to check if the website is scrolling on her computer, and it does, she uses firefox. I just checked with safari, it works in there.... but not in chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indeed it is quite rough to scroll your page on chrome/in chrome.

It seems like there´s a "hand break" and this has to be released, then it is scrollable as well.

With the extended page as well.

Hm,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines