• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Home page image and header don't align?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a one page scrolling site and the header/navigation do not align when I test it using preview or business catalyst. Everything else within the site is fine. It's not a responsive but fixed width site. The navigation/header is pinned to the top to appear  on every page when a link is clicked. Can't figure out why the homepage does this. whats weird is it will align when condensed to 1160px, outside of that dimension it staggers. What am I missing and what's the solution? This has been very frustrating. I've attached the business catalyst link.

Thanks

Home

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Try using a rectangle tool (not the Frame tool), then in the fill menu add your image, and make it scale to fill. and make it resize: stretch to browser width. On a wide screen monitor you're going to lose a lot of the image so you may have to add something more to the main pic first to make it fit.

On my wide screen monitor all your pics are doing the same thing and not stretching to the browser width. so you may need to do the same with those if you want them to fill the browser.

Hope that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For starters what's this image being used for? It just seems to be sticking out on the left when not covered by other content.

aaaa.JPG

Your content area is 1402 px wide:

bbbbb.JPG

Your NAV bar background is 1161 px wide: bbbb.JPG

Check that your Site Properties are set to Fixed Width with 1402 as the width

Checkj that the Page Properties are set to Fixed Width

Up in the properties bar make sure the W - H link is broken then set the width to 1402
Drag the NAV image (waterfall) into place

I also just noticed the content area on pages other than Home is 1160px where your NAV bar is 1161 and the Home content width is 1402.
Suggest maybe starting with all the content the correct dimension

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for picking up on the dimension issue after some trials and tribulations I finally got things worked out and no longer have the issue. Excuse my delayed response but again thanks for your help. Sometimes the obvious is not so obvious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using a rectangle tool (not the Frame tool), then in the fill menu add your image, and make it scale to fill. and make it resize: stretch to browser width. On a wide screen monitor you're going to lose a lot of the image so you may have to add something more to the main pic first to make it fit.

On my wide screen monitor all your pics are doing the same thing and not stretching to the browser width. so you may need to do the same with those if you want them to fill the browser.

Hope that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines