Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Homepage scrolls down vertically to the middle of the page on load on mobile

Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

The problem I'm facing is that when I load the home page to a website i'm developing, it loads scrolled down about 250 pixels down from the top. I can't for the life of me figure out what could be causing this. I've tested it on Safari and Chrome for iPhone 6, and I'm not sure what else I can do. I feel like i've looked through every setting of every flyout of every menu of every-everything, obviously it's either not an artifact of muse, or I cannot find it's source! I would very much appreciate some guidance if there's anyone out there that has experienced something similar or knows anything.

What it loads as / What it should load as.

File_000.png/ File_001.png

The one on the right is scrolled all the way up, and how I want the website to load. But the one on the left is what I get.

Here are some things i've tested and found:

I added 200 pixels of padding on the top of the page and it loaded the "relevant rants" section lower than without the padding. i.e. it seems like it's scrolled down a specific number of pixels, so adding content above what was normally the top of the page looks like it's just been offset by that much. Meaning I don't think the scroll down is anchored to any specific element. (There are also no anchors on this page).

There are other pages in this mobile website, and the other pages do load correctly, showing the menu bar on initial load.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Okay I solved it!

TL;DR - Slideshow Lightbox was off the page.

So I theorized that perhaps it was the interplay between the audio player and another element that was causing the malfunction and decided to test that as well. So I left the audio player in tact and then began deleting everything else one by one and when I got to the bottom of the page a slideshow element being deleted fixed the problem.

So I went back and replaced all the stuff, audio player and all, and just deleted the slideshow. I

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that this audio player loads at the top? Could you test to hide this in breakpoint? If this is the case, maybe place the audio player in a different place?

Could you provide a link? Some of the coders here in this forum could check your source code.

Otherwise we would need a "one page.muse" shared via CC or dropbox or similar file sharing app.

Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! As I mentioned in the original thing above, I've moved content around and it seems like it scrolls down a specific set of pixels regardless of where the underlying content is. ie I added padding to the top of the site and it loads the same scroll down as before.

But I tested what you asked as well!

No Player.jpg

This is what it looks like when it loads without the player. It's the same but just without it displaying.

the website is located at

development.carsongale.ca

This is just a prototype website of an actual website that is in effect, so none of the content is necessarily correct. This is just the place I use to trouble shoot problems for the real website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OKAY!

UPDATE!!

So you're correct that the audio player is the problem. I needed to not just hide it but delete it to see a change. I went through and started deleting things one by one and uploading them and refreshing the page till the problem did not persist, then went back a step to re-create the problem. I have isolated it. With the audio player, it loads incorrectly. Without the audio player, it loads properly.

I will be playing around with it's position, and all the settings, but if you have any idea what the cause might be to narrow it down that would be much appreciated.

(one page.muse still to come.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must admit, that I also used an audio player once but hadn`t come to the point and watch it on mobile.

Will get interesting, though.

You should/could ask the inventor of this "nice" widget.

But first, let us inspect your muse file .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I solved it!

TL;DR - Slideshow Lightbox was off the page.

So I theorized that perhaps it was the interplay between the audio player and another element that was causing the malfunction and decided to test that as well. So I left the audio player in tact and then began deleting everything else one by one and when I got to the bottom of the page a slideshow element being deleted fixed the problem.

So I went back and replaced all the stuff, audio player and all, and just deleted the slideshow. It appears through whatever series of choices I made, I somehow convinced myself the audio player was the problem, but in fact I must have just been the slideshow all along. Because I can reproduce the problem without the audio player, but I cannot reproduce the problem without the slideshow.

So I investigated what was going on on the settings of the slideshow, and noticed that when I was editing the lightbox componants, that the lightbox was no within the page bounds. To fix the problem, I moved all the lightbox elements inside the browser area, and it no longer has any issues loading!

The problem / The Solution

Problem.jpeg /Problem fix.jpeg

Thank you very much for your help fotoroeder! I really couldn't have figured it out without your first comment on the audio player leading me down this path to question all the elements individually. And secondly, I'm sure you would have found this issue in like, 5 seconds had I just uploaded the page originally, but c'est la vie!

Cheers!

Thank you very much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Welcome. Good to know, that the audio player works, before we start to blame them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read on another forum that some other users desktop webpage was scrolling to the right because of a drop shadow effect rendering off screen. Could that be happening here? I know that page has drop shadows. I will investigate this further and see if it's the cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of this reading we could only help with a single page .muse of your mobile version with this issue.

There might be some suggestions to come around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I will post that. Is there an article with step by step somewhere to export a single page .muse and where to upload it best?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either CC - copy the .muse in your already existing Creative Cloud Files folder. Click onto CC in your top menu bar and choose again Creative Cloud Files:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-13 um 18.27.43.png

From there you can follow and share it, create a link and so on.

Maybe easier, share it via dropbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines