• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Horizontal scrolling issue in Google Chromes latest update

Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A recent Google Chrome update seems to have caused a horizontal scrolling issue on some of my Muse built websites. Has anyone else noticed this or have a solution to fix the problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 12, 2019 Oct 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look at this: http://rubumarketing.com in chrome or firefox on android, it creates white space to the right and pulls the header over, however on safari on a mobile device, or edge, it is as normal. My sites used to work across all browsers prior to these latest update/s from Chrome and Firefox.  When I add the "X scroll disabler" either as the library plugin, or directly into the Head as HTML. It does solve the issue on mobile, however, it then creates a new error on desktop layout's with a new double scroll on the Y axis. Is there a simple code snippet I can add to the head that works to solve the former, and not create the latter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know, this is fricking weird, I turned my phone landscape and the issue isn't there. It seems to be either A, something with the Pixel 2 phone or breakpoints under 500 (ish). I will continue to investigate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also ran the HTML through Dreamweaver validator and there are no errors reported apart from a couple of missing title tags.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I tried with the code given last week and it worked in some mobiles, but not in all mobile devices. Now I have tried another thing that seems to work: I have changed all the "mobile" o "tablet" breakpoints in the page and set as "fixed" instead of fluid. Then, all the things have moved into right and I have put them correctly again and it seems to be fine now. The thing is that I have done lots of websites with MUSE and I cannot go through all of them to correct them, but at least, for the new I was doing it seems to work. Meanwhile, waiting for google and a solution for this thing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a nightmare as I'm in the same boat with past client's as well. I just tested my existing fluid site in the following browsers on my Pixel 2 and a Pixel 3: Chrome - NO, Incognito - NO, Duck Duck Go - NO, Firefox Focus - NO, Firefox - YES, Opera - YES, Edge - YES, Samsung Browser - YES. (NO being the white space issue is there, YES being there is no issue). I find it concerning this is not just limited to Chrome, and I also find it interesting that Firefox's two different browsers render different results. Also, the problem I have with your suggestion Hugo is with "browser width" or "responsive width" elements. They will cause white space in mobile breakpoints so this is not a workable solution for me. Finally, you mentioned some android devices worked for you, others didn't. Can I ask which ones you tested?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that this is happening now in other browsers, notably Duck Duck Go is strong evidence this isn't something Google will need to consider "rolling back". It is most likely in my opinion the other browsers will soon start following suit and this situation will get worse although chrome alone is a massive hammer blow. But perversely, as I mentioned before, when I ran this through Dreamweavers validator, I saw no issues. If anyone with coding experience can assist here and advise how we need to manually fix the Muse output code that would be much appreciated. Otherwise we have to rely on Muse to push out one final update before they wrap up next spring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stuart,

Before fixing the page width, and with the code given by romanoqro, it worked for my device (xiaomi pocophone) but not with Samsung Galaxy Note 9, for example. Now, without the code but with fixed page width, works for both, but I hava to test more devices and screen sizes...

I opened this issue with google and it has been accepted to work on it but it seems with no priority... I have asked them for news...

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1005673

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hugo,

Great to see you reported this to them. Let's see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sstuart58,

I think this is the end of the road for Muse.  We predicted this would happen eventually.  Muse can't keep up with modern browsers.  Export your project to HTML and open it in Dreamweaver.  Maybe one of the experts will help you re-build it with Bootstrap like they did for this chap.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Dreamweaver/just-moved-my-muse-site-into-dreamweaver-pls-help-moving/...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy, completely I agree. I am transitioning the business onto Webflow now for future work. We have been so busy with project after project since Muse's announcement last April. We just didn't have time to do this. But this has served as a real alarm to us. You know, I wouldn't be suprised if Adobe purchase Web Flow in a few years. I bet they are hoping for that as well no doubt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Online site builders like Webflow are highly seductive traps of another kind.  Sure you have click & drag ease of use.  And sure you can do wonderful things without coding skills.  But you pay for it in other ways which I'm sure you already know about.   People who work with code can go anywhere and not be a slave to a particular service & hosting plan.  As far as  Adobe's future goals, I don't know.  But I doubt that Webflow or any other DIY site builder is on their current acquisitions list.  As it is, they have hardly enough love for Spark, Portfolio, Behance, Dramweaver, Animate, XD and Magento.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue seems to be resolved now with the latest desktop version of Google Chrome (v78). Hopefully we will soon see the Android app updated with the same bug fix too shortly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines