Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hosting using Amazon Web Services (AWS)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community!

I've searched the forum and found nothing about this subject...

I'm trying to host my new Muse Website using the AWS (Amazon Web Services)- EC2

Which AMI (amazon machine image) would you recommend for the instance?

-is there one offered with the free tier program?

When is it better to use S3 ?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Summarizing answers to the various questions we have received so far on this topic based on info from the product team.

• Is AWS compatible and good for hosting Muse built sites.? There is no reason as to why you should not use AWS to host sties exported from Muse.
  • Is AWS similar to Adobe’s Business Catalyst platform? Yes, with respect to hosting, difference being that BC provides solution package for CRM/CMS through modules which is not the exact thing that AWS provides.
  • In what cases is it better t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey JuliusUniversus,

We are not very well versed with AWS platform.

I have reached out to our product team for more relevant info on this which we can also document.

Please stay tuned. I will update you accordingly.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ankush,

I'm staying tuned for your update on this.

While searching at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Summarizing answers to the various questions we have received so far on this topic based on info from the product team.

• Is AWS compatible and good for hosting Muse built sites.? There is no reason as to why you should not use AWS to host sties exported from Muse.
  • Is AWS similar to Adobe’s Business Catalyst platform? Yes, with respect to hosting, difference being that BC provides solution package for CRM/CMS through modules which is not the exact thing that AWS provides.
  • In what cases is it better to use EC2 or S3 for Muse built sites? For static sites S3 would be correct option to go with , unless any server side instance is used that requires EC2. But this would entirely depend on site creation as may be the case if you want only static pages to display, or your site needs back end integration.
  • Which Amazon Machine Image (AMI) is recommended to use for the instance? It would vary if the requirement is for memory or storage optimization or for general purpose. With S3 , we don’t need to worry about image template.
  • Will it affect the SEO of my site as I will have to use a third party FTP client to upload on S3? SEO is majorly concerned with site content and the process of file upload does not directly affect SEO.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it not possible to export directly from Muse to an EC2 instance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the delay of response Indianag,

I was able to upload with FTP directly from muse to my EC2 instance using the AMI Plesk 17.5 'Bring Your Own License' (CentOS 7).

(Pleak offers 1 free month of use. It is not very simple to use, but does the job. Once your site is setup with it, you will be able to update it directly from Muse with FTP, even after the end of the free month...  The only difference is that you wont have access to the console offered by plesk to manage your server.

Let me know if you find your way through it   And if you need any more help with it

Or if you found an other solution in the meantime !

Cheers !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines