• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I get an element centered on a fixed width site?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am baffled with this seemingly simple task. I created a test file which can be downloaded here if anyone wants to help me tackle this.

So basically I got one static rectangle and a button underneath it. They both stay in place while the page is scrolling. When the button is clicked it triggers scrolling (and a fade out scroll effect of the button) and a rectangle pops up from underneath it. The problem is, I want that second rectangle to be centered in the page... I cannot seem to achieve this no matter what combinations of pinning options I use.

Is there something I'm failing to see here? How do I achieve for the second rectangle to always stay in the centre of the browser?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

You should add some breakpoints of course.

You may download your file here:

https://adobe.ly/2Os8PnC

I added some breakpoints, I did not change the size of the elements, though.

If you don`t want to add breakpoints you must at least the minimum breakpoint to a smaller value than in your original file.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You simply won`t need any pinning in fixed width layout/breakpoints. With pinning it gets worse in this case.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but if I don't pin the elements, how do I get them to stay in the centre of the browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should add some breakpoints of course.

You may download your file here:

https://adobe.ly/2Os8PnC

I added some breakpoints, I did not change the size of the elements, though.

If you don`t want to add breakpoints you must at least the minimum breakpoint to a smaller value than in your original file.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I knew it was something obviously blatant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines