• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I hide/show object?

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought this would be simple. I remember doing this easily in the old GoLive days. I'm making a page with a guessing game.

I will have a small "clue" image, then three or four "choices" in text.

What I want to do is have the user click choice 1 for example, and "wrong" appears somewhere on the page.

Click choice 2 and "try again" appears..... etc.

If they choose the correct number, when they click that choice, I want to reveal a full size image of the answer.

That's it.

I'm not finding anything that explains how to do this. I thought there was some kind of show/hide trigger function but can't find it.

I'm not good at this, as you might tell, but seems like this shouldn't be difficult to do considering the power of Muse.

Thanks!

RM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Please give us the corresponding .muse file: Please only one page, only the elements shown in your screenshot, then we will have a look.

Upload the .muse file to Dropbox, CC Files or a similar file sharing service and post the download link here. You may follow these instructions: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

The „disappearing question mark“ is quite simple avoidable:

When you try to drag the question mark „behind“ the composition targets, it will be „sucked“ into the active target. This

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At first glance, it is easy to do. But I fear, you don’t tell us the whole story!

Here one of many „quick-and-dirty-made-in-5-minutes" solutions:

… and here you find the associated .muse file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2r8f6py1vr5q0kv/Question-and-answer-game.muse?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I've downloaded the file. Not sure how it works, however, or how to bring this in to my existing page. I'll have to work on that. I don't understand the composition thing and the various sub layers in it. Obviously, that's how this works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can’t figure out, just ask.

But my recommendation: Try to see, how it works. It is simply a composition widget and part of Muse’s basics.

If you don’t find an approach, you should have a very close look at these tutorials: https://helpx.adobe.com/support/muse.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'll give it a shot. Appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK... got this to work really well. I set up a composition - Blank - and made 7 triggers. Put a text block in each trigger. Put a graphic "wrong answer" in each of the targets except the target of the correct answer. So, if the correct answer was the tiger, the text in that trigger says TIGER and the target is the tiger image. Works fine. Then it doesn't. It seems to randomly decide to put the Tiger image in another trigger. ???? It happened, so I kept going backwards to my last edit and did it again. Works fine. Then I duplicated the composition and changed the correct target and the new trigger. Worked fine. Tested again and it didn't. The correct image came up on another trigger. I'm pretty frustrated at this point because it's tedious to do this, then have it work, then NOT. Any thoughts?

Also... I wanted the question mark to be where the targets are, so the targets would come up over it. When I try to do that, it disappears.

Here's the screenshot.Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 3.48.33 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thing I just noticed. In the top group, the correct target, Arctic Fox, shows when you click Baby Seal, the one to the right.

In the middle group, the Tiger shows when you click Baby Seal, to the right. Same with the Pet Rat at the bottom group. It shows up when you click Baby Seal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give us the corresponding .muse file: Please only one page, only the elements shown in your screenshot, then we will have a look.

Upload the .muse file to Dropbox, CC Files or a similar file sharing service and post the download link here. You may follow these instructions: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

The „disappearing question mark“ is quite simple avoidable:

When you try to drag the question mark „behind“ the composition targets, it will be „sucked“ into the active target. This is a Muse feature to simplify populating a target area. If you don’t want this do the following:

• Select the text box with the question mark.
  • Open the „Layers“ panel, and drag the „Question mark entry“ downwards under the composition.
  • Now hide the composition by clicking onto the „eye“ icon in front of the layer entry.
  • Drag the question mark to its correct place.
  • Click onto the composition’s eye icon to make it visible again.

Now all works as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

I hope I did this right. Here's the link to the .muse file, reduced and compressed with the used elements.

Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• In  post 7 I told you, how to place the question mark behind the composition.
  • The mixed up images are due to a mixed up stacking order. This may be a bug in actual Muse, therefore I reported it to the Muse team. Nevertheless, you may fix this issue very easy:
    Since your composition targets are always placed at the same position, don’t choose „Position: Scattered“, but „Position: Stacked“.
    If you reposition the targets now, als will be ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok. Thanks! I'll try re-doing it with the Stacked method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines