• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I prevent circles becoming ovals when site shown on smaller devices?

Engaged ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have some small circles in my layout, all around 65 x 65 px. In case the site is fully fluid, I noticed the circles become oval once the site gets smaller. How can I prevent this?

This is not happening when the site is fixed width.

Did I miss something? I would be surprised if this thing was actual fact.

Best,

bartl

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select a circle (which initially should be a real circle, I.e h=w), go to the upper control strip and choose "Responsive width and height" in the "Resize" section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you missed to set your circles to resize to none instead of resize with browser width.

You could also set them to resize in width and height, but this makes them very small at the end .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok guys - none of them work. I would have assumed at least setting to "none" would work, still it doesn't. Did you try it yourself? Maybe my version is just buggy and I need to re-install, or something... really weird ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it!

I knew it was something stupid: though I had changed the circle to resize "none" on one screensize, the other sizes would not adapt. I had forgotten about it.

Nevermind, and thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't understand, what you mean! Of course I try, what I suggest! A circle remains a circle, if it is set to "no scaling" or proportional scaling. Therefore I don't understand the statement "… the other sizes would not adapt".

I further can't understand, why the first reaction on unexpected behaviour often is to shout "A bug, a bug"!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Günther, lass mal stecken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nein, so etwas sollte man nicht „stecken lassen“.

Das ist ein öffentliches Forum, kein privates Frage- und Antwortspiel.

Falsche oder missverständliche Beiträge gehören korrigiert, damit andere Mitglieder bei ähnlichen Problemen nicht fehlgeleitet werden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meine Frage war bereits beantwortet.

Wie darf ich Deinen Eintrag also bitte verstehen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Du hast geschrieben: "… though I had changed the circle to resize "none" on one screensize, the other sizes would not adapt". This is not true. "Responsive width and height" "adapts" too. To be exact: "None" doesn't "adapt" anything at all. It simply doesn't change the size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines