• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I still purchase a license to Muse?

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive recently got back in my activities (I just discovered its going down) and I had a website powered with muse, but my licenses expired last year. How can I get It back with out having to purchase the all app deal? Or what's the solution? (Can't believe its going down, such a useful tool, something no other program could give me).

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Sadly, no.  There is no option to purchase Muse other than an All Apps CC Plan.

You could use a dedicated FTP client like Filezilla to download the source files from your remote server to your local hard drive.   Then use a genuine code editor such as Dreamweaver, Pinegrow, Atom, VS Code, etc... to work with the native web files.   For non-coders, this could very well be a show stopper. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse is end of life and you can't purchase it as a stand alone app anyway... in most senarios that would be against the law here in Australia

if you want an all apps subscription talk to Adobe but otherwise its prob time to look for one of the many other web site design options around. I like Muse and know this isn't what you want to hear but tossing good money away after bad is not going to make it better mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, no.  There is no option to purchase Muse other than an All Apps CC Plan.

You could use a dedicated FTP client like Filezilla to download the source files from your remote server to your local hard drive.   Then use a genuine code editor such as Dreamweaver, Pinegrow, Atom, VS Code, etc... to work with the native web files.   For non-coders, this could very well be a show stopper. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If Muse is end of life, Adobe should make it freeware like Acrobat Reader. Alternatively they should include it with every paid plan available (Photoshop, all single app plans). Forcing people to buy the full Creative Cloud plan for maintaining websites created with Muse is crazy.

Moving to an alternative tool is definitely recommended, but only for new website projects, not for maintaining websites for small businesses (at least for 2 - 3 years it should still work).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines