• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How could this be done? To force people to offline like this?

LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was watching this and was wondering if this quite heavily coded AND could be done in Muse as well?

Of cours not out of the box but with some code?

https://chris.bolin.co/offline/

It´s quite interesting.

Thanks in advance to all the coders out there

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

It's not actually done off-line.

It uses the html5 off-line database and off-line app cache, which can both be done in Dw using javascript referencing the w3c and html5 api's.

How it works is by storing the sites content, (text, videos and other content) in the database and in the off-line cache, then the page checks that there is no connection to the on-line site. If there is no connection the off-line content creates the actual site. Working in a very similar fashion to an actual device specific

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't seen anything like this previously.

Why would you want users to move offline to view content? What would the use case be I wonder? And if the user moves offline, where is the content downloaded from?

Not sure if this plugin does what we are looking at here Offline Content — WordPress Plugins

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Preran​, it is more a philosophical question. If you followed the website I mentioned, you will understand for sure.

It is not a real actual task I would need it for. It was just a question and thanks to pziecina​ I know I need a code (what I assumed already) and know I need DW and pziecina​  .

Thanks

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not actually done off-line.

It uses the html5 off-line database and off-line app cache, which can both be done in Dw using javascript referencing the w3c and html5 api's.

How it works is by storing the sites content, (text, videos and other content) in the database and in the off-line cache, then the page checks that there is no connection to the on-line site. If there is no connection the off-line content creates the actual site. Working in a very similar fashion to an actual device specific app, which is why if it was not for the easy method of being paid for an app, (apple/android store) the necessity of creating a device specific app would be unnecessay now, as everything that one can do with a device specific app, one can now do in a browser, (the users permissions are required to access the users contacts in a browser based version).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines