Highlighted

How do I add functionality to my website?

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have created a simple sports (darts) website using adobe Muse but would like to be able to add more functionality within it.  I would Like to be able to log into the website and add results and fixtures in some kind of plugin to avoid having to edit the website each time within Muse and republish. Is it best doing this is Muse or should I consider dreamweaver or dare I suggest something like Wordpress?

I‘m a relative novice to website design and coding but have self taught myself Muse and confident I could do it myself with some wisdom of others.

Any help would be appreciated.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by fotoroeder | Adobe Community Professional

You would need technically something like a blog. One drawback of muse and its "inbrowserediting", you can edit images and text but it is not that easy to add elements or text.

Depending on what and how you design and layout your site you might be able to only sometimes need to edit the original muse.

Obviously you need a CMS like WP or Joomla or similar systems. There´s some blog opportunities with widgets which you might have a look at on : https://musewidgets.com/search?q=cms .

Personally it depends on your knowledge wether to use a blog that needs some tumblr/google/whatsoever knowledge.

There´s some cms possible, using hosting from Adobe´s Business Catalyst – in this case you may watch out for musegrid.com.

There´s CMS possible with "publiz.com". Finally it all depends also on the amount of money you are willing to spend.

As of this reading my experience with support in advance was great on musegrid.com and their provided chat support.

Most other support needs quite a lot time and patience from your side, I´m afraid.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I add functionality to my website?

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have created a simple sports (darts) website using adobe Muse but would like to be able to add more functionality within it.  I would Like to be able to log into the website and add results and fixtures in some kind of plugin to avoid having to edit the website each time within Muse and republish. Is it best doing this is Muse or should I consider dreamweaver or dare I suggest something like Wordpress?

I‘m a relative novice to website design and coding but have self taught myself Muse and confident I could do it myself with some wisdom of others.

Any help would be appreciated.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by fotoroeder | Adobe Community Professional

You would need technically something like a blog. One drawback of muse and its "inbrowserediting", you can edit images and text but it is not that easy to add elements or text.

Depending on what and how you design and layout your site you might be able to only sometimes need to edit the original muse.

Obviously you need a CMS like WP or Joomla or similar systems. There´s some blog opportunities with widgets which you might have a look at on : https://musewidgets.com/search?q=cms .

Personally it depends on your knowledge wether to use a blog that needs some tumblr/google/whatsoever knowledge.

There´s some cms possible, using hosting from Adobe´s Business Catalyst – in this case you may watch out for musegrid.com.

There´s CMS possible with "publiz.com". Finally it all depends also on the amount of money you are willing to spend.

As of this reading my experience with support in advance was great on musegrid.com and their provided chat support.

Most other support needs quite a lot time and patience from your side, I´m afraid.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 14, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best Regards,

Uwe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 14, 2018 0