• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change the default location of MuseLog.txt

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently it is in my Documents folder? I am using macOS version 10.13.3. I have been using Muse for many month. One or two weeks ago the file popped up in my Documents folder. I do not want it there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Thanks for your Response Ankush. While reading you response I got the idea that maybe the file can be hidden. I did some research and I found that you can hide files and folders using the following steps:

1. Open Terminal

2. type setfile -a V

3. Ensure there is a space after the V

4. Drag and drop the MuseLog.txt file that is located in the Documents folder to the Terminal Window.

5. Press Enter

After a few seconds the the file was hidden from the Documents folder in the Finder Window. However, it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Looooch,

Sorry to that this it is as designed, and there isn't any way to change its default location.

However this feature has already requested here - Ability to move MuseLog.txt to a different location But not yet worked out.

I suggest you vote for it and also add your comments so it can be heard by the product team.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your Response Ankush. While reading you response I got the idea that maybe the file can be hidden. I did some research and I found that you can hide files and folders using the following steps:

1. Open Terminal

2. type setfile -a V

3. Ensure there is a space after the V

4. Drag and drop the MuseLog.txt file that is located in the Documents folder to the Terminal Window.

5. Press Enter

After a few seconds the the file was hidden from the Documents folder in the Finder Window. However, it was still showing the file in the Documents Shortcut on the the Doc. I restarted my computer and then it was also hidden in the Doc.

I hope this can help others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey,

This is perfect. Thank you for sharing such a simple and awesome workaround.

This is really very helpful.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines