• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I create a signup form that works with Getresponse?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Please help me out here. I am creating a simple website for someone and I need a newsletter signup form that will send sign-ups directly to my clients Getresponse newsletter account.

There are widgets out there for Mailchimp but I can't find one for Getresponse. I have searched on the forums and it appears this is achievable but it involves an API and some sort of code... I am one of those designers that makes things look pretty, the moment the word code is mentioned I glaze over and start to panic...

Can someone please tell me in simple terms how I can achieve this?

Many thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Hello all,

Thank you everyone for your help and feedback on this subject. Thank you Nancy for your code.

I spoke to the team at GetResponse and it turns out embedding a GetResponse sign up form is much simpler...
They pointed me to a section on their website where you can design your own newsletter sign up form including colours, text size and background colour etc... Then generate code for it. You just then Insert HTML>paste code and bam... Form appears...

So for anyone else looking to embed a GetR

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey JayTurek333,

I have found this similar thread which might help resolving your queries - Newsletter signup with form widget​

Even I am not sure about the codes but there are lot of experts out here who can help us further.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ankush, I saw this thread and tried to make sense of it but I still don't quite understand what they are talking about... I really need to be explained to like a child with this one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even I am at the same level as you are while talking about codes

But let me invite Nancy OShea someone who I know with exceptional coding skills, might be able to help you here.

Hope for the best.

Cheers,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't mean to be disparaging but building web sites for people without any code knowledge is like painting a picture with both hands tied behind your back and a paint brush clenched between your teeth.  Doable?  Maybe but not optimal.

The code for a basic form is not difficult to understand.  In the interest of saving time, I would do this in 2 parts.

1.  Use a code editor  like Dreamweaver,, Brackets or even Notepad.  Any plain text editor will do.  Paste the following HTML code into a new document and SaveAs sign-up.html .  Upload the form to your server.

BASIC FORM (NOTE WHERE YOUR CAMPAIGN TOKEN GOES ON LINE 39)

<!doctype html>

<html lang="en">

<head>

<meta charset="utf-8">

<title>HTML5 Form and CSS Flexbox</title>

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">

<style>

.container {

background-color: antiquewhite;

list-style-type: none;

padding: 0;

border-radius: 3px;

}

.form-row {

display: flex;

justify-content: flex-end;

padding: .5em;

}

.form-row > label {

padding: .5em 1em .5em 0;

flex: 1;

}

.form-row > input { flex: 2; }

.form-row > input, .form-row > button { padding: .5em; }

.form-row > button {

background: gray;

color: white;

border: 0;

width: 11.5rem;

}

</style>

</head>

<body>

<form  action="https://app.getresponse.com/add_subscriber.html" accept-charset="utf-8" method="post">

<fieldset>

<legend>Newsletter Sign-Up Form</legend>

<!--Paste your campaign token in the value field-->

<input type="hidden" name="campaign_token" value="XXXXXX" >

<ul class="container">

<li class="form-row">

<label for="username">Name:</label>

<input type="text" id="username" placeholder="First & Last" required>

</li>

<li class="form-row">

<label for="email">Email Address:</label>

<input type="email" id="email" placeholder="you@domain.com" required>

</li>

<li class="form-row">

<button type="submit">Submit</button>

</li>

</ul>

</fieldset>

</form>

</body>

</html>

This form is responsive so it should fit any device.

2.  In Muse, use an <iframe> to embed the coded sign-up.html page into your parent page.

<iframe width="550" height="400" src="sign-up.html" frameborder="0"></iframe>

See link below for details on embedding content.

Embed videos and other HTML content in Adobe Muse

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you don't need an iframe for html unless you need that actual address i.e, the "sign-up.html" ... just place it in a [insert html] tool

Screenshot (959).png

or you also could use the "add files to upload" tool if you do need an address... the default would then become "assets/sign-up.html"

Screenshot (961).png

Can someone please tell me in simple terms how I can achieve this?

this form will send whatever is typed into the "you@domain.com" as long as they add at least the @ and the . and will prompt them to if they don't,

or spit out an "opps" error if they enter bad code,

or your ID the "XXXXXX" value on line 39 is rejected

other things that can go wrong;

the input type="hidden" is required in all US based servers by law... Australia doesn't care

<meta charset="utf-8"> utf-8 must be in lowercase on non-Windows servers i.e, US based ones or you will get errors when people outside the US enter their data i.e, German, Jap etc keyboards... this is a very common error senario because it is not one you find in many textbooks

utf-8 also has major issues with Vbasic code (like what you get from Microsoft Excel) and the only real work around is to convert data to html text before and after using Vbasic products but that should not be something you run into with such a simple database

p.s, nice neat code Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you paste an entire web document directly into a web document in Muse, won't that create duplicate <html>, <head> & <body> tags resulting in critically invalid code?

The W3C Markup Validation Service

I suggested using an >iframe> to avoid that.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no it won't... well not if you use the [insert html] tool like I show in the first image

an iframe is an option if you need that extra head tag and thats when you would use the upload option but I don't think he does need it and (as you know) iframes bring their own issues

https://musehelpdemo.businesscatalyst.com/form2/index.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello all,

Thank you everyone for your help and feedback on this subject. Thank you Nancy for your code.

I spoke to the team at GetResponse and it turns out embedding a GetResponse sign up form is much simpler...
They pointed me to a section on their website where you can design your own newsletter sign up form including colours, text size and background colour etc... Then generate code for it. You just then Insert HTML>paste code and bam... Form appears...

So for anyone else looking to embed a GetResponse sign up form into Muse... This is how it's done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines