• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I embed an mp4 video into my muse website.

Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2015 Jan 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already experimented with the Video Background tool from MuseAgain and it works great for setting a motion video as the background on the entire page.  However I want to be able to place MP4 videos in specific areas of my site and I want to be able to control the width and height of the viewing window and I want to be able to place different videos in different spots on the page. 

I'd prefer to do this without having to go through YouTube.  Any ideas, help and thoughts on this subject are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Andy.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 21, 2015 Jan 21, 2015

Hello,

To import video in Muse you can use following steps.

1. Import Video to Asset tab

Go to File > Add Files to upload and select the file that you want to import. This will copy the file in asset tab in muse.

2. Insert HTML code :

a. Go to the page on which you want to place the video.

b. Go to Object > Insert HTMl

c. Paste the code mentioned below and update the <filename> with your file name

<video width="320" height="240" controls>
   <source src="assets/<Filename>.mp4" type="video

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't check your sites in multiple browsers and devices?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not anymore.   I use to, but never had an issue,   however whenever I got to best buy, apple store or have access to public computers I randomly check.   Muse has been bullet proof which is the most troubling part about adobe killing it.  not sure where to turn next.

jimmy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse is anything but bullet proof now.  Muse remains the same. The machine generated code hasn't been updated in a long time.  Meanwhile, the web and browsers are constantly changing. 

If your site still performs well in all browsers and devices, you're lucky.  I don't know how much longer you can count on that though.

Muse Alternatives

https://community.adobe.com/t5/muse/muse-alternatives/m-p/9803949?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy.   And ugh, what a drag, something I had not really considered is future compatability, I wear a lot of hats webdesigner is only out of necessity.  For this I'm yet more disapointed in Adobe.  For those of us who have zero interest in spending months and years learning DreamWeaver.  I tried once and realized I needed to graduate from the MIT advanced graduate computer science program first.  I kid ,but hopefully you get me. ( BTW I started my first site on PS7, then went to Iweb on apple, now Muse...

So all that complaining aside.  It seems like Sparkle is basically the closest and best option, but most of those responses were more than a year old.  Is that what you ahve come to know.  Can you recommend to the Muse community our best options? 

You know it's too bad that adobe couldn't just roll the muse functionality into In Design, as I have found so many similarities and at times wished I could upload my ID designs to a website directly,  It would be so handy, especially moving forward with our social distancing, to be able to share an ID design on a custom upload to a website that is fully interactive and as simple to upload as Muse.

Thanks for listening

Jimmy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse was based on InDesign and that was part of Muse's downfall. 

I don't know anything about your site or it's requirements.  For some projects, I think WordPress is a good option.  For others, an online site builder like Wix or Webflow might be a good fit.  And then there are stand alone programs like Pinegrow, Bootstrap Studio and others that might do what you need.   It all depends on the project and user expectations.

I like working with code, so Dreamweaver is in my toolbox but it's not the only tool I use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your thoughts but you didnt mention Sparkle?  I use a lot of video on my site, linked through Vimeo mostly.  I also have slide shows and presentation from PDF as well.  It's an artists site, with NO commerce.  

Thanks again for fielding these questions:   www.dpmatlosz.com

Jimmy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Mac only apps, Sparkle and Blocs are a non-starter for me.  I'm on Windows. 

I prefer apps that create native HTML, JavaScript and CSS files which can be opened in any plain text or code editor.  Sparkle uses a proprietary file type that only works in Sparkle.  So that's another thing to consider.  What will happen when/if Sparkle ends development as Muse did?

In the end though, it doesn't matter what I think.  Try everything and use whatever tools work best for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the insight

Jimmy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines