• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I embed an mp4 video into my muse website.

Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2015 Jan 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already experimented with the Video Background tool from MuseAgain and it works great for setting a motion video as the background on the entire page.  However I want to be able to place MP4 videos in specific areas of my site and I want to be able to control the width and height of the viewing window and I want to be able to place different videos in different spots on the page. 

I'd prefer to do this without having to go through YouTube.  Any ideas, help and thoughts on this subject are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Andy.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 21, 2015 Jan 21, 2015

Hello,

To import video in Muse you can use following steps.

1. Import Video to Asset tab

Go to File > Add Files to upload and select the file that you want to import. This will copy the file in asset tab in muse.

2. Insert HTML code :

a. Go to the page on which you want to place the video.

b. Go to Object > Insert HTMl

c. Paste the code mentioned below and update the <filename> with your file name

<video width="320" height="240" controls>
   <source src="assets/<Filename>.mp4" type="video

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2015 Jan 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

To import video in Muse you can use following steps.

1. Import Video to Asset tab

Go to File > Add Files to upload and select the file that you want to import. This will copy the file in asset tab in muse.

2. Insert HTML code :

a. Go to the page on which you want to place the video.

b. Go to Object > Insert HTMl

c. Paste the code mentioned below and update the <filename> with your file name

<source src="assets/<Filename>.mp4" type="video/mp4">
</video>

Hope this will help you what you desire to achieve.

Regards

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I tried this and my video is there but its placed on the far top of the page. Is there a way to place it somewhere else?

Thanks

Michaela

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You can drag and drop the video container to any desired location in design mode.

in case of any difficulty please share screenshots and page URL also.

Regards

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2015 Sep 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm trying to follow your instructions, but my video box just says invalid source?

This is the code I am typing in

<source src="assets/AmeyAnim.mp4" type="video/mp4">

</video>

The video file is called AmeyAnim.mp4

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you preview it in browser from File > Preview Page in browser.

Check the same preview URL in other browsers as well and let me know if it works there.

Regards

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying so quickly. Still not working. I get the controls for the video, but no video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect issue is with compatibility of video file.

Can you publish this muse file on BC and share the link with us.

To Publish to BC go to File > Publish to Business Catalyst and follow the instructions. Share the link with me and let me check the codes generated.

Regards

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2015 Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I can't upload at the moment, I seam to be having connection issues to business catalyst (but that's another story), however when I exported my MUSE as html and previewed that it worked, which was great. However before I click the play button I only get a blank screen, is there a way I can show the start of the video, or is this something that would have to be built into the .mov file?

Thanks for all your help so far,

Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2015 Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add poster attribute in the codes with the path of a light image that will be loaded as the poster image unless video is played and uploaded.

Please check the example below. Try to use a smallest possible image.

<video width="320" height="240" poster="assets/imagename.png" controls>

<source src="assets/AmeyAnim.mp4" type="video/mp4">

</video>

Regards

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2015 Nov 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Vivek,

I followed your instructions and created the HTML set forth in the screen shot.  It seemed like it was working, however,

as you can see by the black area, it did not complete the loading.  Do you have any suggestions? The movie file is in my assets.  Any help you can give me will be appreciated.

Best regards,

Don Unwin

Screen Shot 2015-11-08 at 12.37.41 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2015 Nov 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I believe the video file name is jozwiak.mp4. So the code would be following

<source src="assets/jozwiak.mp4" type="video/mp4">

</video>

in the screenshot i can see that you still have <> with the file name that is not correct.

Regrads,

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Vivek

Thanks for your prompt reply. I really appreciate it.

I used the HTML you set forth in your email but got the same result as you can see from the screen shot.

I still must be doing something incorrectly. Can you tell what it is from the screen shot.

Regards,

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please check an confirm if it works fine when you preview it from File > Preview Page in Browser ?

Regards

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vitek,

When I did the preview I got a drop down that said it did not find the mp4 file. I had previously renamed the file from JozwiakVTS_01_1.mp4 to Jozwiak.mp4. So I renamed the file back to JozwiakVTS_01_1.mp4, uploaded the file and then inserted the HTML as shown. Then I tried to preview the corrected file in the browser. This time I did not receive the error message stating it couldn’t find the file. So, I right clicked on the Loading Bar which shows up in the browser window and then I clicked on Copy Video Address and it did download the file from the browser preview into my download folder. So, the fileJozwiakVTS_01_1.mp4 is being found but is not being opened. I enclose the screen shot of the browser preview window with the Assets and Edit HTML that I added from the Muse file for your information.

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Don,

Thank you for discussing this over the phone.

As you were using a 740 MB video file it was taking a long time to load. Either you need to reduce the file size or you can upload your video to youtube or vimeo and use the embedded codes to enter it in Muse.

Regards,

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please send me the free widgets that you mentioned.

Thanks.

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can check the link below that has the list of few free and paid widgets for videos.

http://musewidgets.com/search?q=video

Regards,

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used

<source src="assets/<SP400020068474_480 (1).mp4" type="video/mp4">

</video>

It doesn't work. . . Other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This code worked the first time!  It would not show in the template, but it previewed and uploaded just fine.  Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm trying to do the same thing and embed an mp4 video into my website. The video is 19MB in size. It looks like I've done everything correctly, and the video is working perfectly upon previewing in browser (google chrome):

Screen Shot 2015-11-24 at 3.20.08 PM.png

However, upon actually publishing the page, the video no longer seems to work. This is what I see (also google chrome):

Screen Shot 2015-11-24 at 3.20.15 PM.png

Do you have any advice as to what the problem may be / how to fix it? Thank you for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share the URL of page in Question?

Regards,

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello lilyj4767383,

Thank you for sharing the site URL over the PM.

entering the file name in lower case will fix the issue as some servers have the setting to convert asset name in lower case.

use the code below and you will be all set.

<video width="520" height="300" controls="">

<source src="assets/nb-115.mp4" type="video/mp4">

</video>

Regards,

vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah it works, I would have never solved this without your help. Amazing, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome and I am glad that I was able to help.

Regards,

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines