• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I make a footer that scrolls with the page?

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to make a footer that scrolls WITH the page, not one that is fixed to the bottom of the page.  The footer on the following page is exactly what I'm looking for. 

Family Photographer Website Template | WIX

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Thanks everyone.  I'm sure you're right about the technical terms.  I'm kind of diy-ing it right now.  Extreme noobie.    On top of that, I was very tired when I wrote this, but I was able to figure it out - my footer was correct, but I needed to rearrange the layers so that it wasn't hiding behind the home screen content.  Thank you for your replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the Sticky Footer option allows you to affix a Footer element on a web page.

Sticky Footer especially designed for visitors with larger desktop monitors.

Enabling the Sticky Footer option causes the footer to remain in the desired location, even if the browser window is significantly larger than the web page design.

The Sticky Footer option is provided on the New Site dialog (File > New Site) when creating a site in Muse.

You can also access Sticky Footer on the Page Properties (Page > Page Properties) and Site Properties dialogs (File > Site Properties)

The Sticky Footer option is enabled by default.

Generally speaking, it is best to use the Sticky Footers feature when you design sites.

However, if you notice that the length of pages is displaying much longer than desired (because a site has less page content and the pages are fairly short), you can always disable it by deselecting the checkbox in the Page Properties dialog box.

However, if you want to disable it for the entire website, you can do so by deselecting the option on Site Properties dialog.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

amyw50747523  schrieb

I would like to make a footer that scrolls WITH the page, not one that is fixed to the bottom of the page.  The footer on the following page is exactly what I'm looking for. 

Family Photographer Website Template | WIX

The footer in your example is pinned to the bottom of the browser window. It appears always at the bottom. It does not scroll.

What am I missing?

Wrong example? Wrong technical terms?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fotoroeder  wrote

What am I missing?

Wrong example? Wrong technical terms?

you are correct... the footer in his example does not scroll

p.s, imo a scroll effect will work better than pin for that design because the body content is cms generated and Muse can not see it... so preview may look a mess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone.  I'm sure you're right about the technical terms.  I'm kind of diy-ing it right now.  Extreme noobie.    On top of that, I was very tired when I wrote this, but I was able to figure it out - my footer was correct, but I needed to rearrange the layers so that it wasn't hiding behind the home screen content.  Thank you for your replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That makes sense to me.

Have a nice weekend.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines