I set up a Muse site for in browser editing for the first time with a client and they made changes, and then when I tried to sync I got this error:
This error message does not have a code, and it does not appear in the forums so I am not sure how to troubleshoot. The result is that some pages in the site show changes while others do not. This presents a serious problem where I don't know what changes my client made! I could just go to the real site and copy and paste but that seems a bit lame not to mention laborious.
I think it's highly unlikely that my client edited the site outside of muse, but I am confirming.
so here are my questions:
1) Adobe: why are there error messages that are unidentified in forums or other support on the web? No error code and no matches in a web search
2) How do I sync after this error? (aka, how do I get my site back?)
I appreciate your time!
Are you using any third-party widget or custom HTML code in your website? Can you check with your client about the nature of changes that they have made?
If you think that all is fine, please contact Adobe Customer Care Contact us | Adobe for further investigation.
Hi, no third-party widget or custom HTML code.
The client made text changes and uploaded a couple photos. I will try and contact you, but due to time, I just manually copied and pasted live site back to muse and re-uploaded all files replacing all.
We are checking on this issue with our product team, stay tuned for updates.
I am experiencing this same issue. My website was exporting fine yesterday. I made two minor changes (changing a widget to a button), and now this version and all previous versions of my website read this error on export. HELP!
I'm having the same issue. It is saying that there are changes made with in browser editing... then won't sync. Gives the same error "
That doesn’t work. I need to sync with web version because the client made changes with in-browser editing.
www.invisiondesignstudio.ca | 416.410.0815 | 200 narinia cres. | newmarket | ontario | L3X 2E1
This e-mail contains information which may be confidential or privileged. This e-mail is intended initially for the information of only the person to whom it is addressed. Be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this e-mail, without the consent of such person, is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify us by replying to this e-mail or by telephone immediately.
"I got this work around from a person on the forum. Go to site properties > Advanced> and make sure "Enable In-Browsing Editing" is unchecked. It works like a champ after doing that. "
This is ridiculous.
Thank you. That totally worked for me!
I'm having the same issue, is there a fix yet?
Also have this issue
Are you using any third-party widget or custom HTML code on your website? Can you check with your client about the nature of changes that they have made?
If you think that all is fine, please contact Adobe Customer Care Contact us | Adobefor further investigation.
No third-party widgets used. Have a html-insert containing some css which does not generate any problem when using the same html-insert in another test-project using inbrowser-editing workflow.
Same problem here. Dating from several versions back and up till this date September 2017 no solution!
Did your client do some changes manually? With a programmer? Some clients use different people for SEO or anything like this.
Did changes myself just to test out the inbrowser-edit workflow.
Was your muse file created on a different machine to the one you published? In my case, a different team member created the web site, gave the client access to the IBE, then the muse file was placed on our local server. I then took over the site using a different machine and adobe ID. This may be the cause of the problem but there doesn't seem to be any solutions offered by adobe.
“The web version of this site can't be opened in Muse because the HTML has been edited outside of Muse”
No different machine used. All done from the same iMac on the same IP.
Sadly 'Correct Answer' does not work for me as need to have sync working, but this is a good get around for people that do not need this.
In my case I received that error even though I do not offer browser editing. It stated that edits were made in the html. But luckily I found this forum. And for me I had to turn off the In-Browser option. Then my files uploaded to my ftp no problem. Thank you.