• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you center objects and or a website vertically and horizontally in Muse?

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://kelsdapoet.com is the site I'm working on.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Apr 20, 2012 Apr 20, 2012

If you have Smart Guides turned on, you will see visual guides which indicate when an element is centered on the page while dragging the element. The red lines indicate the element is centered horizontally/vertically on the page:

center.png

To center your site horizontally in the browser window, go to File > Site Properties and check the Center Horizontally checkbox.

Muse does not offer the ability to center a page vertically within the browser window.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Apr 20, 2012 Apr 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Smart Guides turned on, you will see visual guides which indicate when an element is centered on the page while dragging the element. The red lines indicate the element is centered horizontally/vertically on the page:

center.png

To center your site horizontally in the browser window, go to File > Site Properties and check the Center Horizontally checkbox.

Muse does not offer the ability to center a page vertically within the browser window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2012 Dec 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same sorta problem. When I view my site on an ipad, its completely flush left. Is there a way to design the site to also fit an ipad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 01, 2012 Dec 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While Muse sites can be technically seem on ios browsers they are not yet optimized for them. Keep a look out on new features. Responsive design is one of the most requested features so I have high hopes we will be seeing it sooner than later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2014 Oct 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is responsive design to expected soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I'm just wondering if this feature has been addressed in the latest update.

I'm referring more to the centering of my site in a browser window that is smaller than my site width. I'm totally fine with auto scroll bars, however i would like my site to be centered at least when it loads. Is that even possible if the browser width is smaller than my page width? 

Or is there some code i can insert in the page properties metadata? I currently have one line in there to make the page load from the bottom.

thx!

ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey ianloh123 did you find a solution to your problem? I have the same.

When my page is loaded on a small screen it's also too far to the left. I tried making my page smaller and then putting my background image in on "browser fill" but then i can't decide where the background image should be positioned... I guess I need to edit the background image in photoshop then to make it fit, would just be easier in Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2013 Mar 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this requires you to edit the css files that muse creates. Simply open your css file in dreamweaver for example (or any other code editor if you're familiar enough) for each page, find the #page element and insert the margin rule.

margin: 0 auto;

unfortunately since muse doesn't have this function for whatever reason, you'll have to do this for each page, and if you make any changes, you'll have to do this again after you re-export your muse html, css, etc. files to upload to your hosting service on the web.

Since adobe hasn't quite gotten this program 100% right I mainly use it as a tool for generating the skeleton of the website quickly and then I export those pages into html and css and edit their code, it simply cuts out a bunch of annoying coding at the start, and then allows me to focus on the more difficult tasks such as interactive elements, galleries, flash modules, etc.

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a solution for you, guys!

https://widgets.mu/se/CenterPage/demo/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome share, thx alexandreperrotta‌! I haven't tried it but if it works as the description says then this should be the sauce we've been waiting for

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you have any luck with this? I've tried the Center page widget to no avail.

Neil.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here Neil. This is driving me nuts! I'm trying to create a hero page, but want the content to center with the responsive design, but can't seem to get it to work.

Anyone have any fixes for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to resort to using this COVER VIDEO which strangely enough has a centre content option. You can see it in action on their homepage. By no means a full solution but it will have to do. If you do end up using it, I wouldn't recommend joining, I'd just purchase the widget. I've had less than favourable service from 123Muse.

I must admit, I'm amazed such a straightforward request has not been solved with a widget release. I'm even more amazed its not part of the new responsive toolset!

If I find a better solution I'll post back here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 18, 2016 Mar 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can center my central layout for the TFT screen, but when i view it on my iphone 6 plus or ipad, its not centered.

is there any solution? i am using responsive design

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2016 Aug 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Look's like a widget is finally available to solve this, from QooQee Vertical Positioning Muse Widget. Requires an 'ultimate pass' to purchase it which is a bit of a pain, though if it works it's tempting. Anybody out there already subscribe who could test it out?

Cheers, and thanks for the support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 04, 2016 Aug 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads-up. I'd spotted that too, just a bummer its available from Qooqee, probably the last widget vendor I'd use

The search continues....!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ConnectCreative, did you find a solution?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Afraid not, no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i wonder, why such a simple and basic request is not part of muse initially.

i have one object on a blank white page / site to always stay in the optical middle of any screen size/device.

i tried it with pinning / make empty boxes and group them with the object, but it wont work to stay always in the middle, horizontally and vertically, (muse 2017.0.0.149) so i have to buy this quooquee widget now, which works great?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, it baffles me why vertical responsiveness isn't a feature yet.

With regards to QooQee's Vertical Positioning Widget however, I did bite the bullet and get it as I really had no other options for what I wanted to achieve. I've not tested the widget on a published site yet but all my browser tests show that it works, with single or multiple elements on a page all doing their respective things, and across breakpoints too.

In my case I have three different elements in the center of a page I want to act as one, that would responsively center themselves to any screen size. One is simply a line of text, one a Muse composition widget that opens up an embedded video on trigger click, and one an animated scrolling text (one of Muse-Themes widgets). I simply dropped them all in an empty state button and applied the VP widget to the state button. Seems to work fine.

I'll post a link once the site is live if anyone is interested to see it in action.

Cheers,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats great for you. i didnt want to spend the 89$, and i think my situation is quite simpler than yours, so i played around

and found a workaround, which works better but not perfect:

- align object which has to be centered always horizontally and vertically

- make an empty box with rectangular box tool, and set it to x:0 and y: "snap to your object´s upper border", box width = widest px size of your site

- try scrubbing your site with lever and see what happens, it works to center the object vertically ! not for all devices, but for most.

i am still trying out to find the portrait pixel size of iphone 7 plus, some say 414 px, but its not centered vertically in the asthetical middle at 414 px, its very low down

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check Muse for You website, they have Widget for this, you can buy it separately, no need subscription.

And support is just the best, not like Qooqee's questions in a hole.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not such a simple matter, as it seems. Qooqee offers a solution using javascript. This approach is not rational to integrate as part of the visual website builder software package. Solutions that are in pure CSS are not cross-browser compatibility. Therefore Muse team does not integrate their. But you can independently and easily achieve this by using the custom css code, if you will become a little bit to learn. This is not difficult

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More than a year from the last post on this subject and I find a similar problem.  My site was centering fine until I added a third sibling page. Same basic layout as the others but now they all are flush left instead of centered.

It's late. Maybe I did something to spoil what was working, but I don't think so. Which Muse for You widget addresses this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try to give some more detailed information?

If you ask for a specific museforyou widget you should directly ask museforyou, I guess.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines