• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you center objects and or a website vertically and horizontally in Muse?

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://kelsdapoet.com is the site I'm working on.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Apr 20, 2012 Apr 20, 2012

If you have Smart Guides turned on, you will see visual guides which indicate when an element is centered on the page while dragging the element. The red lines indicate the element is centered horizontally/vertically on the page:

center.png

To center your site horizontally in the browser window, go to File > Site Properties and check the Center Horizontally checkbox.

Muse does not offer the ability to center a page vertically within the browser window.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Uwe, for looking at this. I've created my portfolio site in a kind of unusual way, using Animate CC for the slideshow of each category of images. Then I placed each .oam file published out of Animate dead center in a plain page of my Muse site. Just one .oam file on a background color with links to the other pages.

It was working with category 1, category 2, 3, 5 and then I added category 4 between 3 and 5. Suddenly, the whole site is no longer centered but is flush left. I've looked at the breakpoint properties (set to centered), tried pinning and not pinning.  Now took out category 4's page. Nothing changed.

Also realized that my iPad isn't finding the tablet layout but is opening up the desktop layout and is also off to the left (and smaller on the screen in portrait than it was).

... Nancy

nancystahl.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know too little about oam files and how they behave.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahh....! It was because I was up late working on this. I had incorrectly chosen tablet versions for my links within the desktop layout. Threw everything off.

Sorry. But maybe it will help someone else to admit my error.

... n

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines