10,000?

50,000?

100,000?

1,000,000?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

The only people who can tell you that is Adobe, and they will say nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I heard its in the millions and yet Adobe decide to cancel Muse? Absolute Disgrace! They should continue updating it until they can at least provide us with a 1:1+ software!

https://www.change.org/p/adobe-systems-adobe-do-not-discontinue-muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHAT? Adobe discontinued support?

WHAT THE HECK? Are you sure this is not false information? I can not believe it .. damn, damn, damn! There's no point in living

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jack_ttcoms  wrote

I heard its in the millions

I severely doubt its anywhere close to that.

Some web stat sites declare they find 500,000 Muse sites online. So with that as an example if each designer only makes 1 site, thats 500,000 users. If each designer makes 10 sites thats 50,000 users, 20 sites each equals 25,000 users. So you can imagine the "average" if the 500k statistic is correct, the average would make that overall user number substantially less.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your deduction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Future in math, impressive skills ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A petition is interesting, but misguided I think. In fact nobody on the planet knows more about the Muse user base than Adobe. They know how many, how much use, and where they live, right? They carefully considered those numbers before the cancel, perhaps even to prevent new adopters. They certainly imagined worst case complaint, and still killed the software.

So what can you do with a petition but practice kumbaya?

My view would be that a class action lawsuit would be smarter than begging and pleading. This is all about $$, so make it all about $$.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, what is the wrong doing of Adobe?

They killed a program an probably they killed it, because the revenue from that program did nit generate the stream of cash they needed to keep it running.

I’m sure, the finance guys did the calculation.

I’m not happy about it, but I will not join a class action suit or any other action.

Adobe killed other programs before and will kill programs after this. This is called businesses. Take your energy and look for alternatives.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The wrong doing is simple, the implied longevity of the product does not match the actual. This will clearly have a significant financial impact on users who adopted the product in good faith. But you seem to be batting for team Adobe anyway.

Besides with class action suits it does not take much energy at all. The combined funds of multiple stakeholders means very low cost and the solicitors do all the heavy lifting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we should start a forum for all muse users where we can crowd fund a legal challenge for all quantifiable losses and bring a class action lawsuit against Adobe if they discontinue muse platform support/hosting, as this is not the implied longevity of the product they sold to us. With 250k to 1m+ unhappy users this should be easily doable and affordable. A simple Facebook group will suffice, we can use the polling widgets for decisions, first just file a class action complaint to get the ball rolling

Basically, we would seek damages for:

1) All financial investments in the Muse application including third party products

2) All time investments/training

3) Equipment

4) Migration costs - engaging of experts to migrate our sites and resources

5) Purchase of new software

6) Training costs

7) Reputational damages incurred with our customers

8) Subsequent losses of future earnings/trade as a result

9) Any other damages as they become apparent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only people who can tell you that is Adobe, and they will say nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ANYONE WANT TO JOIN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT TO SUE ADOBE pertaining them screwing us all over with MUSE?? We've invested hundreds of hours, time and money - only to get completely screwed over by Adobe. I'll need to spend a huge amount of hours rebuilding sites I've created in MUSE.  [e-mail deleted by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have ever heard of Muse Themes then you will definitely will want to go to their solution for a web builder. It was built with us in mind. Go to http://wocode.com and check out their brand new web builder called Architect. It is easy to use and does what Muse couldn't...it has native blogging with rss feeds and a built in store that is a white labeled version of ecwid! It works and Steve Harris has done it right for Muse users. SSL is free with all sites....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks nice, except the terms of service... But I suppose that's a general problem.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Muse Themes claim to have over 100 000 members

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines