• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How many subheadings do I need for effective SEO? (Was: SEO)

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am done with my first website and have a question about SEO.. I know I need headers so it's easier for people to find it but can I keep it al 1/2 only? Or is it important to have more, up to 6? Would love some help...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Each page is counted as an individual page, but if each page has the same or similar content then this is counted down as it then becomes repeated content and not unique.

With html5 semantics, you can divide a page into sections and have, (for example) each section with its own headers and sub-headers, with individual content and individual footers, but if each section is the same the above repeated content restriction will apply to search engine results.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is 1/2? Or "up to 6"?

You could have a look here: Search ​, especially this video will help a lot without the need of a 3rd party widget:

Improve your search engine ranking | ​

Also this could help:  J-26​ or search on youtube for "5 Tips for better SEO in Muse".

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, wasn't clear enough.. I mean do I need up to 6 subhead for a good SEO or is one headline and 1/2 subhead enough?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There´s no such limit as far as I experienced. This really depends on your content, doesn`t it?

Still I don`t know what a 1/2 subhead should do? Do you talk about 1 to 2 subhead? As of this reading it looks like a half subhead?

Feel free to give us a link and some people may have a look in this marvelous forum and give some advices.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

utopiarchitect  wrote

Sorry, wasn't clear enough.. I mean do I need up to 6 subhead for a good SEO or is one headline and 1/2 subhead enough?

Be carefull in providing more than 1 header, as this could also impact your seo ranking.

The reason for this is that although Muse uses the html5 doctype, it does not use html5 semantics for the page structure. More than a single header and sub-header, (or even more than one footer) can be used with an html5 semantically structured page, but is invalid use without them. Search engines will mark a page down for invalid structure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pziecina  schrieb

More than a single header and sub-header, (or even more than one footer) can be used with an html5 semantically structured page, but is invalid use without them. Search engines will mark a page down for invalid structure.

But for 5 pages you will need 5 headlines, don`t you. And also 5 footers, even if they are always the same. Or is this counted as one footer then?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each page is counted as an individual page, but if each page has the same or similar content then this is counted down as it then becomes repeated content and not unique.

With html5 semantics, you can divide a page into sections and have, (for example) each section with its own headers and sub-headers, with individual content and individual footers, but if each section is the same the above repeated content restriction will apply to search engine results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds quite logical to me .

There shouldn´t be used same content all over all pages, should it? Is there something secret about same content?

Of course on each page there is different content or do I miss something?

I see a problem if you use a one-page-layout. Then you would have only one page but maybe need more than one headline h1-tag.

And you could only use 1 page description.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose we could call it a limitation of using a visual environment vs a self coded environment, but in Muse each page would be just one page with a limitation of only allowing single usage of semantic structure, but of course one could provide different main, (paragraph) content and images. But not an individual main header or sub-headings to each.

In a self-coded page, (using for example Dw) one could divide the single page into seperate sections, with multiple self contained content, with headers, sub-headers, menus, footers, (etc) and have it be recognised as such.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THX for that.

Still have a nice sunday.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines