• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add a download counter?

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So on my website I upload templates for people to download.

I was wondering if it's possible to add a counter next to the download buttons which increases by 1 every time someone simply clicks the button.

The download button re-directs to an instant download from another site where all my templates are stored.

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

The download button re-directs to an instant download from another site where all my templates are stored.

Well, there's you answer - you will have to use whatever widget or embed code the site offers. By the very nature of things only the actual server where they are stored knows how many downjloads have happened and to boot in order to make this persistent there will have to be a suitable logging in place and scripts that can read the info. This has nothing to do with just slapping a button ont

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, there's you answer - you will have to use whatever widget or embed code the site offers. By the very nature of things only the actual server where they are stored knows how many downjloads have happened and to boot in order to make this persistent there will have to be a suitable logging in place and scripts that can read the info. This has nothing to do with just slapping a button onto a page, it's really technical stuff that has to come from somewhere outside of Muse.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh okay I understand.

I was just wondering whether it was possible for muse to know how many times a button was simply clicked on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines