• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to anchor header so text can scroll under?

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2013 Feb 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse Screen shot.jpg

Hi,

Could someone please show me how to create a fixed header in Muse and the text that then scrolls behind it?

Please see example site below.

I have tried pinning the header banner which does keep it locked down but when the text scrolls up behind it all

the page moves with it and then you can see the text coming out the other side.

http://petloc.se/

Thanks

Darren

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Or move the pinned header banner to Master Foreground so that all content on pages falls behind the banner when scrolling.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to move that header to the top of the canvas and then pin it to the top for the header to stay at the top of the website just like in that website example you posted. Then right click on the header and select arrange > bring to top so that all of the conent on your website will go under it when you scroll.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or move the pinned header banner to Master Foreground so that all content on pages falls behind the banner when scrolling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not working for me. Has Muse changed since this post? I have created a header in master page with image and txt on top. I'd like this to stay put while copy on page scrolls under. What should I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you arrange objects using the Layers panel since Muse 5/CC released. Here's more about the new Layers panel and its usage in detail - http://www.adobekb.com/working-with-the-layers-panel.html.

Thanks,

Vinayak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have seen this. I may not be seeing it, but how do I lock a header which includes images and copy to top while have the body copy scroll up under header. It seems this was easier to figure out in earlier version. What am I missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just realized you cannot pin in Tablet mode. So I guess that means all mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2014 Jul 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just encountered this problem of not being able to pin my header and navigation on my mobile site.

I fixed it in "Scroll Effects" with values of Initial Motion 1X / 0 and Final Motion 0  /  0.

I had a drop down menu made from an Accordion widget, which before had no fill. I had to give that a fill because it no longer moved the content below it. The new effect is that the drop down menu appears over the content, so I gave it a fill with 90% opacity to be able to read it.

I am working in Muse 7.4 --- not the latest version.

Works great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! worked great

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2015 Jan 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOS TEXTOS SE MONTAN ENCIMA DEL HEADER.

Hice mi header en mi pagina Master y luego cree una hoja hija, la llene de información pero cuando la visualize, al bajar la pagina las letras de los textos y fotos de mi pagina hija se montaban encima del menú.

Solución.

1. Vamos a la caja “Layers” y veremos que solo esta el Layer 1
  2. hacemos click derecho sobre este layer y creamos uno nuevo Layer 2 por defecto que queda primero
  3. seleccionamos los elementos de nuestro Header y le damos botón derecho  "Move to layer” y allí aparecen las dos opciones Layer 1 y Layer 2, elegimos layer 2

Listo al probar de nuevo la página, los textos y fotos pasan por debajo del Header.

Saludos

Luis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2015 Jan 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TEXTS ARE GOING OVER THE HEADER.

I did my Master header on my page and then create a daughter page, I fill it with a Text box and put a lot of text, when I visualized the page on the browser and browse down , the letters of texts and pictures roll over my Header so it looks horrible as it should go UNDER, after many hour of searching I found a solution that works perfect for me..

Solution.

a) On design mode and in the "Master Page" Select  from yout tools the box "Layers" and see that there is only one layer, the Layer 1
    b) right click on this layer and create a new Layer 2 it will created on the top.
    c) select all the the elements of our Header (Shift + click on each elemnt so all the elemnts are selected) and give then right click here appear an option "Move to layer" and there appear two additional options Layer 1 and Layer 2 , chose layer 2

Now is ready!, try your page again and you will be happy   all the text and photos go under the Header.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2015 Mar 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect, Michino!  This was driving me crazy.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2015 Nov 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I was Struggling with this myself YourA Star Michino Adobe take note. !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This totally helped me, thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2016 Feb 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the latest update, not only am I unable to pin items to the header in tablet or phone, I can no longer set the scroll effects of header items to zero as a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2016 Feb 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the 2015.1 release it is not possible to move items from one layer to another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2016 Mar 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a recent site of the day:

Shari Brews | Freelance Graphic Designer

I guess there's a way to keep that header in place, even on a responsive web site using latest Muse version. I'd like to know how.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌you can in fact just set the scroll speed to zero. I was mistaken in thinking you couldn't ... I had a gremlin in my machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still only get error message (to enable scroll effects, your page must use a single fixed breakpoint) when I try to build header on responsive template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After playing around, I found that if I open header as a layer and choose "lock layer" it stays put while other layers scroll under. Problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Yeah, scroll effects are disabled in responsive. But a nice solution. I'm going to try it immediately

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines