• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to autoplay a video that is inside composition?

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello lovely people,

i put a video inside a composition, and copied the html code that is for autoplay, but the video is not autoplaying when i press on the button of the composition that it trigers it. The video autoplays ONLY if it appears when the page loads. But i want to have a blank page, and make the video appear and play only when you press the right button of the composition. For now the video appears, but its not autoplaying...

I hope that what i say is understandable since english is not my native language.

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
How to , Widget

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Replace what you have with this HTML code.

<video autoplay muted controls>
<source src="https://clips.vorwaerts-gmbh.de/VfE_html5.mp4" type="video/mp4">
</video>

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Trilas,

I myself am a newbie to muse. But i did experiment a lot with video lately. Firstly how did u put the video in ? Is it an actual MP4 on your desktop and you want to locally playback or is it streaming video from YouTube ?

One reason might be because many browsers dont allow video to autoplay if the video has audio in it. Try a mute video and see.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, i put the video from my desktop, not youtube, and i used a little bit of code, its super simple, check this https://blogs.adobe.com/contentcorner/2017/01/06/embed-videos-into-your-adobe-muse-site/

About the autoplay, you didn't get me i think, my brower is autoplaying the videos i put. But only if its in a composition widget then it is not playing...   maybe what i am asking is not possible at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plainman is correct.  Most devices block autoplay because it's widely regarded as intrusive, especially when you're already listening to streaming audio/video from another source.  A more reliable and web-friendly approach is to have a video player with a PLAY button or arrow that allows users to decide if they want to consume the bandwidth. 

All of my browsers block autoplay.  So without player controls, I don't know video exists.  And even if I did, I have no way to play it.   So this is a big usability issue for many people.

Just another gentle reminder that Muse is End of Life and product support ends very soon on March 26.  

https://helpx.adobe.com/muse/kb/adobe-muse-end-of-service.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

i i answered also to plainmail about the autoplay, my browsers autoplay the videos i put in. But only if its in a composition widget then it is not playing... i hope there is a solution.

Muse is very convenient for a newbie like me that dont know code but i know photoshop, but i guess it has many limits as well (probably cause of its simplicity? i hope i am wrong)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replace what you have with this HTML code.

<video autoplay muted controls>
<source src="https://clips.vorwaerts-gmbh.de/VfE_html5.mp4" type="video/mp4">
</video>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.  Glad to be of help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

what? replace what with what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is no way correct, still looking for the answer, if anybody know would be apreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very confused.  First you say it works, then you say it doesn't work.  So which is it?

Please post a link to your site so we can see for ourselves.

==================

Muse support ends in 51 days.  Have you migrated your sites to new software yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

firstly it didn't work, and my answer that it worked was ironic. I guess it was not abvious.. of course it didn't work cause you gave me a code for a stupid kids video. whatever.

2nd i am not migrating to other site since muse will continue to work. i will migrate much later, my site is supe rsimple, i dont need too much updates for now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines