Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to center a slide show in the browser

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to everybody again.

I have a "new" issue what i can't figure out by my self and i hope you guys can help.

I used the dia slide widget from muse.

Maybe somebody has a better idea what i can use instead if there is no solution for my problem. I need a slide-show widget for four slides and it has to slide in a particular form (see attachement).

See my issue at the attachement:

Adobe Creative Cloud

Adobe Creative Cloud

Thank you very much for your help.

Maket

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Auf deutsch sieht das so aus, das rechte Symbol pinned ein Element an einen Container, das linke Symbol pinned dasselbe Element an den Browser:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-11-16 um 07.47.10.png

Allerdings weiß ich noch nicht, ob das Dein Problem behebt. Dazu müßte ich Deine Muse-Datei sehen.

Ist der Vordergrund als Maske eingesetzt?

Grüße,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to pin it in the "3 dots pinning" to the center of a container, instead of pinning it to the browser, what you did right now.

Watch out if this helps and solves your issue.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo Uwe, danke für den Tipp, bin ja ein Neuling und kann deshalb mit der Info nicht recht viel anfangen.

Wo kann ich "3 dots pinning" finden bzw. wo kann ich das einstellen? Wie heißt dieses Feature auf Deutsch.

Ich möchte die Fotolaufleiste eigentlich so haben wie den Hintergrund (Gitter) das er sich immer der Browsergröße anpasst. Wie die Option die man bei der Browser-Füllung einstellen kann wenn man das Bild hineingibt (füllend skalieren).

I hope you speak german, because it's hard to explain something in a differnt language when it's already hard to explain in my own language because i don't realy know to discrib it right so that's understandable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Auf deutsch sieht das so aus, das rechte Symbol pinned ein Element an einen Container, das linke Symbol pinned dasselbe Element an den Browser:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-11-16 um 07.47.10.png

Allerdings weiß ich noch nicht, ob das Dein Problem behebt. Dazu müßte ich Deine Muse-Datei sehen.

Ist der Vordergrund als Maske eingesetzt?

Grüße,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo Uwe,

spät aber doch, herzlichen Dank für deine Hilfe. Das mit den Symbolen habe ich schon verstanden.

Anbei der Link zur Muse-Datei.

Adobe Creative Cloud

Das weiße "Netz" habe ich als Bild in den Browserhintergrund gehängt und die Bildlaufleiste ist das Diashow widget von muse.

ich hoffe du kannst damit was anfangen und mir vielleicht eine Lösung bzw. einen Ansatz anbieten.

Herzlichen Dank.

Maket

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way, you layouted this page will never work. Why?

The mesh image is used as a browser fill, set to „Scale to Fill“. This means, that the image will scale proportionally according to the size of your browser window, it a way, that the image always fills the complete window. The effective size depends on the size of the window in height and width.

The slideshow hero scales to browser width. The height of the browser window doesn’t affect the size of the images. You may test this by previewing your page and scale the browser window in width and after that in height.

You will never succeed in moving elements synchronously without leaving their position, if they are scaling differently. This is no Muse issue, this is a mathematical-logical fact.

Look at this sample .muse file (a variation of your file): https://www.dropbox.com/s/9r4ccx9veirsyee/HP_2017_Community_Mod.muse?dl=0

As your page is a fixed width page, you have 2 possibilities to fix this:

• 1. Way:

Place a non scaling image, containing the mesh, and place a non scaling slide show above it, like I did in my example page. The size of the mesh and the slideshow you have to control by using breakpoints.

• 2. Way:

Place a rectangle (no image!) stretching to browser width and fill it with the mesh image. Place your slideshow above it and, set the hero image containers to „Stretch to browser width“. In this case, you have to live with the fact, that you can’t control the positionn of your slide show captions precisely.

To avoid these issues, you should be quite clear about the difficulties to place 2 differently scaling elements one over the othe and try to move them synchronously. There are some layout tricks to achieve this in many cases, but this is a second step after understanding the logical problem behind the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Günter for your help.

It would be interesting to know more about the layout tricks what are you talking about, to achive my skills.

Do you have some recommentations for me?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich denke, es wäre wirklich sinnvoll, dir 2 Links genauer anzuschauen:

1. Den „Anfängerleitfaden hier: https://helpx.adobe.com/de/support/muse.html

2. Die Muse Jam Sessions von Muse-Produktmanagerin Dani Beaumont auf YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/pingdani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wrote about this kind of issue over and over again here in the forum. Here are some link, which may be worth to be read. Please have also a look at the linked sample files, if there are any:

http://landing-summer.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

http://landing-summer.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2271454

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2410624

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2377071

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines