How do I change the title associated with my website when displayed in a search engine? I have set the Page Title in Page Properties, but the search engine, Google, has created it’s own title and I can’t seem to change it.￼ It's the top blue title/link that shows in a search engine.
I just went to your page and that text is what is written into the <title></title> tagset according to the source code.
Have you uploaded the page with the new title information yet?
Once you do that, it will take some time for the results to change in Google, but the source code will show the new <title> either way.
Have a look at line #8 which reads
That is where Google gets the phrase.
That is not my page. That is just an example of what I was referring to. I want to know how to change this in Muse. Thanks.
I want to know how to change this in Muse. Thanks.
This is the Dreamweaver product forum. I don't use Muse.
Do you want me to move your question to the Muse product forum where the experts there can help you?
Yes, Please. I must have gotten the Dreamweaver forum by accident. Thank you.
Sorry for the confusion. When I view the source, I do have the proper title within the <title></title> code. It is not showing this as the title in the search engine, however.
So what is the address of your page where you are seeing the wrong search result?
Here is the actual search page I am referring to
And this is a Muse question? You've posted in the Dreamweaver forum.
Sorry, not sure how that happened.
I moved the thread to "Help with Muse" forum.
Thank you very much, Nancy. I do not understand how it got on the Dreamweaver forum. I posted in the Lounge forum.
Sorry for any confusion. The forum Lounge is not a technical venue for product questions. Evidently, somebody thought your question was related to DW and moved it there.
Moderator, please delete this entire forum question so I can start over. Thank you
I don't want to delete this post because it contains relevant information.
Feel free to start a new topic if you wish.
I am locking this thread.
At OPs request, I have unlocked this discussion.
To change titles on a page-by-page basis in Muse, go to Page > Page Properties > Options. See screenshot.
Hope this helps.
I actually do have the Page Title set for the pages per your screen shot with the proper title, but it does not seem to be showing up that way in the Google search results. It is very strange that it won't recognize it properly. I even checked the source code and it shows up correctly between the <title><title/> code, but is not displaying properly. Odd and frustrating. Thank you for your response.
The Snippets found in Google's search results are created when their spiders/crawlers index your site. They don't instantly index sites, sometimes it can take weeks or more than a month for Google to re-index a given site.
If you originally uploaded the site with the wrong titles and Google indexed it, those titles will be what is seen in the search results until they re-index the site.
The frameset being used from the business catalyst side of things may also be affecting it.
I am able to help you and I am also testing this way. And, i waitting...
Paper Master (open): Menu > Papge> Page properties
Page Title Prefix ( enter word you want).
PS. SR, I use google translate, so there are some mistakes.
did you upload this site and then add extra pages to the top left because Muse defaults that to "home page" and this can override search engine spiders... in any event Nancy has posted the spot where changed will need to be made so I would recommend you just give it some time to filter in now