• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create a website self-assessment with adobe products (+other tools)

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've been searching around the topic for a couple weeks now, but can't wrap my head around how to best build this, so I would kindly ask your expertise to help me out.

The ambition is to:

• Build a website (I'm already quite far with this using adobe Muse)
  • On one of the pages, have a questionnaire form with 3 parts:
    • section 1 - 8 questions with either drop down menus or scroll bars
    • section 2 - 8 questions with yes/no
    • Section 3 - 100 questions with yes/no (if you pick no at some point, couple of questions should be skipped depending where you are)
  • Once you have completed the questionnaire you should get a custom results page (this has charts and custom picked texts based on your answers, all pre-populated, but pasted to results page based on answers)
    • There's fairly complex calculations to come up with the results page (charts and selected pieces of texts), but I managed to build a working prototype in excel
  • If possible, there would also be a section after the results page with recommend products from the product catalog based on the results (already ticked based on relevance)
    • After reading through the report and checking the recommended products ticked, the user should have a form on the bottom to submit the results by adding e-mail address etc. the results and ticked products would then be sent to my e-mail address for further processing

This is a fairly complex "web app", so at this point I would much appreciate your suggestions on which tools to use and how in theory this could be done. The objective is to have this workflow automated in the website using f.ex. mySQL database and any other necessary tools that work seamlessly.

At this point I've done:

• logic, items, tables, charts, results, formulas etc. in excel
  • Website layout in adobe Muse (I know Muse doesn't support DB integration, so at that point I need to add functionality to the site with Dreamweaver)
  • Blank MySQL Database in hosted server
  • products list etc. in adobe business catalyst

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

While there is possibly a way to do this in Muse, i would suggest using Adobe Captivate for your requirements. It is much more simpler and helps create the kind of questionnaire you have in mind.

Adobe Captivate - Welcome to the world of smart eLearning authoring

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While there is possibly a way to do this in Muse, i would suggest using Adobe Captivate for your requirements. It is much more simpler and helps create the kind of questionnaire you have in mind.

Adobe Captivate - Welcome to the world of smart eLearning authoring

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines