• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to disable message “Some files on the server may be missing…“

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading to Muse 2017.1 I get the message “Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect. Clear browser cache and try again. If the problem persists please contact website author.”. When I clear my browser cache the problem is solved. But I don’t want that returning visitors get this message, it looks very unprofessional. So I try to modify the <key>SuppressMissingFileError</key> value from <false/> to <true/>. Unfortunately this solution from Adobe did not want to work. Is there a other option to disable this message?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

The problem is solved with the help from Adobe Customer Care. To modify AppPrefs.xml you must first closed Adobe Muse! Otherwise the new value will not be saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eddie,

Do you have any third-party widgets or code on your site? Can you try deleting them one by one to see if any of those could be causing the issue?

For a comprehensive investigation, you can contact the support team directly using this link: Contact Customer Care

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is solved with the help from Adobe Customer Care. To modify AppPrefs.xml you must first closed Adobe Muse! Otherwise the new value will not be saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you pretty please explain step by step how to get rid of this annoying message? Where do I look for that AppPrefs.xml file?

Thank you so very much.

Cheers,

Branko

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Look at this thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2357661

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2017 Sep 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did it with muse closed. DIDN'T WORK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What didn´t work? You couldn`t change the AppPref? You still get the message?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines