• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to disable mouse wheel on the specific anchor in a single page website?

Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm new to muse, now I making a one page website with have two anchor in different section. I wanna ask, how to disable mouse wheel on a specific anchor?

Case: Anchor 1 named "intro" located on the top (main banner), Anchor 2 named "featured" located on the feature section below the main banner.

I want to disable scroll on the main banner, so when the mouse wheel scrolling down, they jump directly to feature section, but remain enable at the rest of site (from feature section to the bottom)

vice versa: from bottom site to feature section mouse wheel is enable, and directly jump to main banner when mouse wheel scrolling up.

anyone can assist me?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Like Ankush said, I don't think your workflow is supported out of the box with Adobe Muse. You will have to use JavaScript for something like this, I tried searching the Internet but couldn't find anything meeting your request.

I suggest posting on forums such as Stack Overflow as well just in case the coding gurus there can pitch in to help.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jeni,

I am afraid that it won't work in a single page website.

Usually, disable applied on a whole page and same will go for a single page site and different anchor won't treat it a different page.

However, you might do some trials with scroll effects.

Other community experts might help you with that.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush!, thanks you.

I have uploaded a simple layout to be more easily solved.

Please visit: www.jenijanur.net

on that site contain 4 section: Main Banner, Feature, Other, and Footer. two anchor placed on main banner and feature section.

For now I've use a widgets "Scroll Wheel Anchor" by Widgets.Mu

I think this widgets work fine. When you landed on my site then scrolling down, the site directly jump to feature section. And return normaly from feature to bottom section.

BUT: when you scrolling up from bottom section (footer) or on any section. the site directly jump to the top of page (main banner).

can you help me, So that the site does not jump directly to the top when the mouse wheel is scrolling up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Like Ankush said, I don't think your workflow is supported out of the box with Adobe Muse. You will have to use JavaScript for something like this, I tried searching the Internet but couldn't find anything meeting your request.

I suggest posting on forums such as Stack Overflow as well just in case the coding gurus there can pitch in to help.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines