• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to do an image gallery thats dynamic

New Here ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can i make an image gallery which takes images from a folder on my server. So that the website user can add or update his own images by just putting photos in that folder.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No way with Muse out of the box. Probably no website will take images from a folder on your server by itself except a CMS or any gallery from Muse-Themes (3rd-party) with some google spreadsheet stuff, but … not easy in handling and not what you are looking for. Your user/client will only be able, with Muse out of the box, to edit images by IBE.

You might be better with any proper CMS-website like WP or similar. I must admit not to know for sure if any web application will handle your task without some valid coding skills and Muse is not done for that. You may hire a web developer who knows what to do.

Please be aware that Muse is under EOL and will stop any support and that forum probably by the end of March, the 26th, I have in mind. Muse will still work some time until OS- or Browserupdates will stop it. Nobody knows when this will happen, of course.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok Thank You. Ill Keep Trying.

I just posted another question on the forum asking about a true preloader. It marked the post immediately as SPAM and is not letting me open the thread or post with a message saying its locked as spam or something like that ? Why so ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the best CMS driven slide shows for Muse is this one:

https://www.muse-themes.com/products/gallery-connect 

You have to decide, whether you want to spend money for a Mus widget, while Muse is already EOL.

The same is true for this preloader:

https://www.muse-themes.com/products/page-preloaders 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for putting in those links.

The first one, muse gallery, will it work even now ? Do they have a demo ? And somewhere where i can see how to content is loaded or updated ?

Also what about UniteGallery

https://unitegallery.net/

Will this allow dynamically updated images by the user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Muse is end of life.  Adobe's support for Muse will stop in 23 days.   I can't recommend using Muse because it has no future and the code has not been updated in years.  Eventually, Muse generated sites will fail.  

A dynamic slideshow that self-populates from folders of images on your server requires you to work directly with code.  Muse is a code generator, not a code editor.  Therefor Muse is the totally wrong tool for what you want to do.  

If your server supports PHP scripts, I can show you how to do this in Dreamweaver or some other code editor.   The working demo below uses Bootstrap layout, PHP scripts and Fancybox image viewer.  A $29 license for Fancybox is required for use on commercial sites.

https://alt-web.com/GALLERY/BS-Gallery.php

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines