• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to draw a line in Muse?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2012 Nov 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is a stupid Questtion, but i cant find it.

how to draw a line?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Wouldn’t it be simpler, if you set a bottom stroke to the upper text frame by clicking onto the word "Stroke" in the upper control strip?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply use the search-funktion …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not that simple.

When i search for "how to draw a line in Muse" the results are Illustrator solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Draw a rectangle with 1 Pixel height and no stroke.

If you want dotted or dashed lines:

http://forums.adobe.com/ideas/1944#comment-5008

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drawing a rectangle as stated above doesn't work with a responsive site. Line is fine until browser width is reduced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But of course this works. Draw a black rectangle, set it to 1 px height and set it to fluid width.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set to responsive width, the "line" moves vertically relative to the text as the browser width is reduced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you be a little bit more precise?

If you put a rectangle "under" a text frame, it of course moves down. This is expected behavior of dynamic elements. And is has nothing to do with responsiveness. It happens in fixed width pages and fixed width elements too.

If you don’t want this to happen, make the text frame overlap the "line" a little bit. But in this case, the "line" perhaps will run across the text frame, if the browser window is minimized in width (and therefore extended in height).

In germany we say: "One death you have to die."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that where I've gone wrong is that I haven't split the text and separated it with the line which, as you have implied, overlaps the text frame. OK, I'm dead but will live to see this working.

Thanks.

My only excuse is that this is the first time I've ever used Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn’t it be simpler, if you set a bottom stroke to the upper text frame by clicking onto the word "Stroke" in the upper control strip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent idea. Works exactly as I wanted.

This should be the "Correct Answer"!

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. It wouldnt.

It would be simpler if there was an option to draw a line - I can't believe the convolution required to get to this seemingly very simple function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't blame Muse for this. Blame HTML.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines