• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to keep place on page when rotating mobile device?

Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My client uses his website to showcase photos to clients and often they're looking at the site on their phones. One of the common things they do is rotate the phone when looking at photos and all of a sudden lose their place on the page. The rotation causes the browser to go back to the top of the page. Is there a way to keep their place on the page while rotating the phone?

www.theqrsgroup.com - scroll down half way on a page while viewing on phone, rotate and you'll see what I mean.

www.mazdausa.com - Do the same on this site and it stays put.

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

The simple answer is that this is caused by layout stuff dependent on specific resolutions, i.e. CSS or scripts that respond to breakpoints or specific states designed for specific resolutions. Ergo you'd have to forego any breakpoints and make your side fully responsive/ fluid using stuff that isn't dependent on the screen resolution itself but e.g. responds to how parent containers for text and whatever resize and reshuffle. Unfortunately that's not possible entirely using just Muse, so you wo

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The simple answer is that this is caused by layout stuff dependent on specific resolutions, i.e. CSS or scripts that respond to breakpoints or specific states designed for specific resolutions. Ergo you'd have to forego any breakpoints and make your side fully responsive/ fluid using stuff that isn't dependent on the screen resolution itself but e.g. responds to how parent containers for text and whatever resize and reshuffle. Unfortunately that's not possible entirely using just Muse, so you would have to adapt and optimize your page after publishing it.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines